Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem w/ not ff. rules &regulation shall continue here

+6
superken
jbcañares
jettyboy1
openbox
Jome
MetaboringJohnCañares
10 posters

Go down

Problem w/ not ff. rules &regulation shall continue here Empty Problem w/ not ff. rules &regulation shall continue here

Post by MetaboringJohnCañares Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:17 am

Help Forum
Got a problem in downloading or any other issue, post your problem here or read solutions posted by other members.

I think that its understandable to post this problem here so we can find a solution for it.
Guys lets not put too much unwarranted anger, we are reasonable people aren't we? I think that its our responsibility to study the rules and regulation of this website in the first place, so lets be more responsible.
Be more responsible, and I can't forget what Ron always say, that we should have fun too.
MetaboringJohnCañares
MetaboringJohnCañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metaboringjohn/

Back to top Go down

Problem w/ not ff. rules &regulation shall continue here Empty Re: Problem w/ not ff. rules &regulation shall continue here

Post by Jome Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:34 am

I think the people aren't really angry. They're more of frustrated at the lack of discipline and delicadesa of some of the members. The problem exactly is that: they have not inculcated the rules well into their minds, while some have been following it pretty strictly.

Other international forums turn out to be successful because they implement hard rules. They delete, close, or even ban members based on their conduct. At hindi pa ako nagsisimula sa grammar and language.

Hindi naman talaga kailangang umabot sa ganun eh... Pero it would be great kung yung mga tao ay babasahin man lang yung rules. Kahit mismo yung pagpupuna sa ibang members, pinagbawalan ni Kuya Lester sa Rules and Regulations post niya kaya mahirap rin talagang pagusapan 'to.

We are having fun naman, lalo na dahil Pinoy tayong lahat dito at nagkakaintindihan. Kaso, sana naman hindi maging dahilan yung pagiging magkababayan nating lahat para abusuhin yung kabaitan ng ibang forum members.

Merong mga walang respeto na magpopost lang ng "oo nga" o ng "hehe". Meron rin yung mga nilalagay "spam!" na hindi man lang iniisip na spam na rin mismo yun. Right now, merong 3 magkakahiwalay na active links discussing the difference about cubes. Ang dami pa.

More than just infuriating is the frustration brought about by our fellow members' actions. I am sure that the forums will be flooded, sobrang wala akong doubt diyan, after ng Diliman Open 2008. Kung makita ng mga bagong dating that the former members (or at least the most visible ones) have no discipline, only two things may happen: they lose respect in the site and move somewhere else or they imitate the unruly behavior.

Sana naman hindi umabot sa ganun. I think we are being responsible in the sense that we want the forum to be better. Anger isn't a solution nor is it an excuse, but it is one of the few things that can make things start moving. I hope I don't offend you, Kuya, and some of the other old members. Pero alam kong may tama rin sa sinabi ko.
Jome
Jome
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-11-25

http://scarredpetal.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Problem w/ not ff. rules &regulation shall continue here Empty Re: Problem w/ not ff. rules &regulation shall continue here

Post by openbox Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:52 pm

In my opinion Yeah! Agree po ako kay @jome dahil ganyan din ang sasabihin ko... mas okay sana na wag natin lokohin tong forums dahil buong PCA ang naapektuhan at pano nlng kung other countries ang bimisita dito at madatnan nilang magulo ang PCA (d b nakakahiya?)... Lets be matured enough sa mga attitudes natin... okay lng mag saya pero dapat alam din natin kung hanggang saan...

Nakakadisappoint lang nang marinig ko isang loyal PCA member, na kaya siya hindi nakasama sa cubemeet last Sunday... kasi tinatamad na siyang mag open ng forums dahil puro irelevant nlng nmn ang napaguusapan sa bawat topic at nagiging junk nlng... sad to say tama sya... Its not to late nmn na ausin natin tong problemang toh... paano pa kea kung pagkatpos ng DILIMAN OPEN eh dadami ang tao at ganun din ang gagawin... edi lalong magiging magulo...

Hopefully maging example tau sa mga next batch at maging organize ang buong PCA forum...

I suggest na we could assign moderators in this forum to check kung sino ang nagviolate ng rules and regulation...

THIS MUST BE A LESSON TO US... thank you po!
openbox
openbox
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://yopapaps.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaboringJohnCañares Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:04 pm

The offense is non-taken, Jome. You have good point there.
The forum is getting crowded, thats an unavoidable fact, it will always be like that. And there will always be people doing irresponsible actions, ganon talaga yan. Ang hirap eh, 5 lang ang moderators d2, namely:

-BaruhbaL
-benjodcubist
-jbcañares
-Mateus
-unscarred1925

From the five, only two are regularly posting: JB and Jonathan. Jonathan is really busy about Diliman Open and the cube orders he's taken responsibility of, so he cant do well with the moderating. JB is the only active moderator here. Sa daming post ngayon mahirap na magmoderate ng magisa.
We have only one choice, to help out. We can always report to Lester (Admin) if there are spams. I have been in another forum, though its about photography, I have observed that if a topic goes unrelated or there is a spam, a fellow member, moderator, or the admin will post declaring that the topic is already closed and shall be the last post of the topic.
MetaboringJohnCañares
MetaboringJohnCañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 722

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metaboringjohn/

Back to top Go down

Post by jettyboy1 Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:36 pm

MetaboringJohnCañares wrote:The offense is non-taken, Jome. You have good point there.
The forum is getting crowded, thats an unavoidable fact, it will always be like that. And there will always be people doing irresponsible actions, ganon talaga yan. Ang hirap eh, 5 lang ang moderators d2, namely:

-BaruhbaL
-benjodcubist
-jbcañares
-Mateus
-unscarred1925

From the five, only two are regularly posting: JB and Jonathan. Jonathan is really busy about Diliman Open and the cube orders he's taken responsibility of, so he cant do well with the moderating. JB is the only active moderator here. Sa daming post ngayon mahirap na magmoderate ng magisa.
We have only one choice, to help out. We can always report to Lester (Admin) if there are spams. I have been in another forum, though its about photography, I have observed that if a topic goes unrelated or there is a spam, a fellow member, moderator, or the admin will post declaring that the topic is already closed and shall be the last post of the topic.

ah yes, i think that a few more mods will be added to the group. i'm still waiting for my group status to be changed. i also think that you, john should also be changed to a mod.

and john, i was wondering why you opened the loyal member group to people, mostly new, unexperienced and some make useless posts. i'm not saying that the loyal members are not good. i'm pointing out that loyal members should be members that take cubing seriously and actually contribute something to this society.
jettyboy1
jettyboy1
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-07-09

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jettyboy1

Back to top Go down

Post by jbcañares Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:44 pm

READ THIS PLEASE!!

We will be deleting all useless threads on this forum site, every time a member posts a spam, this member will be given a warning, but if it continues, this member will be banned from this site. Please, refrain from posting threads which are related to your other threads or to threads of other people. If possible, if your topic is the same with the other topics, don't bother making a thread again if it has already been posted, learn to use the "search" button before you post a new thread. Topics like your fastest time, or your average if possible should be posted on just 1 thread, same goes to the other topics which are related. If the topic of the thread is obviously done, please declare it as a closed thread. Please if we want this site to be as enjoyable as possible, we have to be disciplined.

Have fun!
jbcañares
jbcañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 641

Back to top Go down

Post by superken Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Finally, someone posted regarding forum rules and ettiquette.
Well, I do violate some rules as well, but i'm trying my best not to.
Though, ive been here for a couple of months, and my posts reached 100+, I can confidently say that I don't post anything unecessarily such as "hehe, ^_^. and the likes.

So, thanks for making the forums a lil more strict,
hope some more people can be more knowledgeable
about the rules and regulations.
superken
superken
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2007-11-25

http://awoofawoof.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdsaved Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:12 am

may i suggest that the rules and regulations be made as sticky on all forums? para po there will be no excuse na hindi nabasa ng ibang members yung mga rules dito. Smile
cmdsaved
cmdsaved
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-10-17

http://lesmallari.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sanosuky09 Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:12 pm

salute to john!!! its getting serious... i hope that people who are posting here will be responsible enough... but of course, lets have some fun but with proper de corum... ayt?
sanosuky09
sanosuky09
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by van21691 Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:34 am

I agree jettyboy1, members shouldn't be Loyal Members because of how many post they have, it should be how they contribute to this forum
van21691
van21691
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2007-06-29

http://www4.pcriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by papplazy Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:48 am

I know I'm not in the right position to comment about how some members poison the forums with waste. Although I am not an avid poster, I do make it a point that i ctrl+click on anything that grabs my attention. I hate it whenever a thread gets unnecesarily lengty just because of members posting senseless stupid one liners/worders.
"Hehe" "Haha" "Bwahaha" "Yes" "wah! I want a TRU CUBE" "Wah i want a DIY" blah blah balh blah...and the list goes on and on

It's such a hassle sifting through lengthy threads,looking for relevant information but the spam posts make it impossible to do so. Such "waste" posts become so annoying that I avoid clicking on threads that i know contains such posts.

PCA is slowly growing and more and more may I say "unfit" members are joining. I'm aware that I am just a new member here and I have no right to make such remarks (and i'm proud to say that PCA is the first forum I joined) but mehn it just irritating.... I mean...who the hell posts "Hello nube po ako" in the cubing discussion section?

I believe that we should imply the rules more strictly and have something written about senseless waste posts. I believe there should be greater sanctions for those who violate the rules.

Ayoko maging pakialamero pero sa totoo lang,nakakairita makakita ng mga post na parang di marunong mag-spell yung nagsulat. If we allow this to continue im sure in a month's time we'd have a forum with Z's for S's and F's for P's and a random letter H popping out of nowhere between letters. There should be rules regarding such too. It would be so embarassing if PCA was known throughout the world for it's spamming members and members who cannot spell right...ang malala dun sinasadya nila na ganunin...or may i say...zinazadya poh nilah ghenuninz. I apologize for my agression towards such issues. Im just really irritated. Sorry
papplazy
papplazy
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down