Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotic Rubik's Cube Solver for Thesis Proposal

+13
testing101
kabhoom
gian_oneil
jusay_mitch29
pancho86
chaos2121
marc_rendl
dalton
benjediman
Jome
xpoiled7
NoWi
robert_papalid_ece
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Robotic Rubik's Cube Solver for Thesis Proposal - Page 3 Empty Re: Robotic Rubik's Cube Solver for Thesis Proposal

Post by benjediman Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:28 pm

The correct color scheme is, putting your Yellow on top and Green front:

Red - left
Blue - back
Orange - right
White - bottom

Kudos to Sir Robert! Razz
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Robotic Rubik's Cube Solver for Thesis Proposal - Page 3 Empty Re: Robotic Rubik's Cube Solver for Thesis Proposal

Post by marc_rendl Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:17 am

ei sorry i didnt read your message.. i have not been using the internet since last week.. i'll b dloading the zip file later... im using a pretty bad dial up so i cant log in to yahoo..
marc_rendl
marc_rendl
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Good day gentlemen. I wish all of you a fun summer. Enjoy the season. It is raining a lot here in Cebu.
By next month I will proceed with the software development. I am just hoping that by that time, you will still continue to give your interest and support. I am planning of finishing the whole programming part by June; so that I could focus more on the hardware design part which I believe to be the most complicated and more costly.

Something just came up in my mind. Just a thought, and you may just ignore it. So far, my best time of solving the cube is poorly 2.5 to 3 minutes. Is this good enough to be a member of PCA? Hehehe.

I was websurfing earlier. And I bumped with some videos of Tyson Mao on YouTube. I once saw him in Beauty and the Geek but he and his pair was eliminated in the early part. But I was not aware he was that famous in the Rubik's Cube world. Is he currently the best in the world?

I also tried to search for some videos regarding some cube solving robots, but there are only a few of them.

To benjediman:
I guess the cube that I bought from National Bookstore follows the correct color scheme; but the one I got from the sidewalks is not. Another question if you will not mind, the cube that I bought has colored stickers and due to wear and tear, it fades. Where could I find a "tiled" cube? If such thing exists, how much?

MORE POWER PINOY SPEED CUBERS!
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jusay_mitch29 Thu May 01, 2008 1:13 am

the best is yu nakajima from japan(the last name gives it away Razz)... its not based on how fast you solve a cube to be a member of pca... its just how dedicated you are
jusay_mitch29
jusay_mitch29
4x4x4
4x4x4

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Good day everybody:

It has been quite while since the last post. But that does not mean that I already forgot this topic that I started a few months ago. Just wanted to tell everybody that I already finished the whole program.

The software part is already done, though still needs some very, very minor modifications. The program can now complete the cube.

Please post your e-mails so that I could send you a copy of the program. As I remembered, I sent a tentative copy (30% completion) of the program to some peope here a few months back.

I just started designing the mechanical hardware which I believe to be the more complicated part of the project. That includes: designing a robotic hand for the twisting and turning of the cube, developing the robot's vision system - web cam, and then interfacing all of those to the program.

Hopefully, I could finish the whole project, and could be able to present a working prototype, early next year, and maybe, earn my masters degree with that.

Thanks, More Power, and God Bless.
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dotdotdot Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:10 pm

sr robert...

im a new member of this site and just recently saw this thread. if i may i would want a copy of your program because i was amazed at how complex and precise your goal was. i would like to share it to a friend who is a 1st year ece student in usc tc here in cebu.

if i may so just send it to my email. gamer_90200@yahoo.com

thank you, i wish you all the best for your thesis and God Bless...
dotdotdot
dotdotdot
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://profiles.friendster.com/n0b0dycarez

Back to top Go down

Post by jusay_mitch29 Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:43 pm

good to know sir robert... how long will it take for the whole mechanical mumbo jumbo to finish??
jusay_mitch29
jusay_mitch29
4x4x4
4x4x4

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by xpoiled7 Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:54 am

sir robert

if you dont mind, can i have a copy?
here's my email xtries9vil@yahoo.com
thanks and goodluck...

God Bless...
xpoiled7
xpoiled7
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:44 pm

To dotdotdot:
I can only send the executable file. Or just maybe the installer of the program. The source code is to be left confidential; but once the whole project is finished, I could share it to you.
I am also from Cebu, CIT ECE Batch 2006.

To jusay_mitch29:
One year is more than enough to finish the "mumbo jumbo". If I could just give all my time to it, there will be no problem. It's just that, I still have some other academic subjects to finish.

To xpoiled7:
I will never mind bro. That is the reason why I started this thread. To share my work to all the people here, and ask for some professional feedbacks.

Expect that I could send the file by next week. For other interested people, just post your e-mail address.

GOD BLESS.
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:56 pm

Everyone:

I will be sending the file to the following e-mail addresses by next week:

lazyjohn_1014@yahoo.com
racelis_jerryson@yahoo.com
marc_rendl@yahoo.com
benjediman@yahoo.com
gamer_90200@yahoo.com
xtries9vil@yahoo.com

For other people who are also interested, just append your name on the list.

Thanks.
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_rendl Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:34 pm

robert_papalid_ece wrote:

Something just came up in my mind. Just a thought, and you may just ignore it. So far, my best time of solving the cube is poorly 2.5 to 3 minutes. Is this good enough to be a member of PCA? Hehehe.

to be accurate, most of us are not members of PCA yet, although we're part of the forums. wait for the admin/mods for the announcement. it has been a misconception that if someone is a member of the forum is also a member of the org - - - something that many have been using abusively...

sorry i wasn't able to give comments on ur program but i am sure there were some bugs in it such as when you don't scramble it and push the "solve" button, it endlessly moves...
marc_rendl
marc_rendl
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dotdotdot Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm

@ sir robert...

thx...hm...if u dont mind...what program did u use in making the system?..^^..
dotdotdot
dotdotdot
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:18 pm

To marc_rendl:
Yeah. I noticed the same bug just recently. It was not really a programming bug. That was just a result of insufficient training data presented to the program. Well anyway, the problem has already been solved. Thanks.
The training data that I am referring to are the .DAT files that comes with the main executable file. You can actually view the content of these .DAT files using notepad.

To dotdotdot:
I am just using VB6. VB6 is more practical to use for these kind of projects; and I guess, VB6 is my niche when it comes to programming.
Bai dotdotdot, taga USC-TC sad ka? And are you an ECE as well? If that's the case, what batch?

Everybody:
As I have said, expect the file to be sent by Friday. I am still doing some modifications, particularly on how the window looks, trying to make it more appealing to look at, and easier to use.

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR THE REPLY...
AND MORE POWER PCA....
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Hello everybody:

I am now trying to send the file today. However, the problem is that the whole package costs me 25 MB; and it is taking me forever to upload considering my very poor connection (dial-up). As compared to the previous file that I sent a few months back; this program has some additional objects and thus needs a complete package installation setup; which justifies the 25 MB file size.

If I won't be sending an installer; most probably, the program will not work; unless you have installed a .NET Framework on your respective PCs.

Maybe, I will just send first the executable file plus the other application files (.DAT, .LST, .LOG files); and try to see if it works or not. Just buzz me if it does not work; and I will find ways to send the whole 25 MB installer.

I will be sending the file to these e-mails:

lazyjohn_1014@yahoo.com
racelis_jerryson@yahoo.com
marc_rendl@yahoo.com
benjediman@yahoo.com
gamer_90200@yahoo.com
xtries9vil@yahoo.com

Thanks for the interest, and God Bless.
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lance Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:25 pm

pls send me a copy to... more power to your to thesis! im sure it will be televised if it is finished..lol!

here's my email add

a_delantar@yahoo.com

thanks!
lance
lance
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dotdotdot Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:35 pm

@ sir robert...

hehe..di ko ece wui...ang ako classm8 sauna na ga ece sa tc...mga 1st years pa mi...ga nursing man ko sa cnu...hehe...ako ra guro cuber dri...^^...

thx for sending...i havent checked the file yet...but ill make sure to take a alook...^^....
dotdotdot
dotdotdot
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Good day everybody:

To those people who received the file, I would just like to ask, if the program works on your system. If it did not, please prompt me. Thanks.

To lance:
I just forwarded the file to your e-mail address. Thanks bro.

To dotdotdot:
ECEs are very much interested with robotics, particularly San Carlos. They have been promoting robotics even during my time. But sadly, my school CIT, cannot compete with them considering that we do not have our own robotics setup. Fortunate for me, my new school has more than one.

Regards,
Robert
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:43 am

Good day again everybody:

Current developments of my project:

I am now trying to connect/interface the vision system of my Rubik's cube solver; hopefully the robot's eye. Using a 300k pixels webcam device, the system seems to be perfectly working. However, sometimes, the camera cannot differentiate the colors ORANGE and RED. This problem though, can easily be avoided using a webcam with better specs.

Still, I have asked under Noob's Area (which this topic is supposedly be, in the first place) under the topic Cube Dimensions/Measurement and Convention, on: Is there a cube brand having a more pronounced colors of ORANGE and RED?

PCA has been very generous and prompt on giving me the answers to my questions. Thank you for that. Smile

MORE POWER AND GOD BLESS!
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_rendl Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:07 pm

i havent recieved the email yet.

my suggestion is that you upload it in a free file sharing site such as rapidshare (is it still free?). there are other sites similar to this one. then send the download URL to this site.
marc_rendl
marc_rendl
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:57 pm

here is the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UY8MXHRI

since i am using megaupload instead of rapidshare, you still need to input a certain combination bago ka makapagdownload, and still have to wait for a few seconds before the downloading starts.

but as i have said, that is not the complete package ng program. there could be a possibility na di gagana ang program; specifically if walang .net framework ang system mo. well anyway, just try it though.

my problem was, the whole package, consisting of the installer and other files of the program, costs me more than 6 MB. and uploading it any file sharing sites is virtually impossible using my SLOW connection.

Thanks again for the interest.

MORE POWER PCA!!!!!
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toire Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Just a suggestion. instead of buying a new cube, you could just simply replace the stickers.

or to save you the cost of buying sets of them, you could leave a side without stickers. so, kung ano man ang kulay ng cube mo, yun na ang magiging kulay ng side na yun.
Toire
Toire
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next