I will discontinue my loyalty to this site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I will discontinue my loyalty to this site

Post by benjediman on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Mods and members of PCA,

I decided to simply stop contributing much, if any, of my efforts for the interests of this forum. It was just today when I read about the topic of a member's said "exposure" of being fake, misgiving information, and what have you. What had brought me to this consideration is not because of the fact that the member has disgraced this forum and mislead the members, but the pushing point is when I read the replies of the members.

I could say that I am one of the earlier members of PCA, I believe I registered even earlier than the 100th member. I've read almost all topics that were there before I registered, and I've been keen to skim or scan every topic created since. I was delighted to see new members after the first Rubik's Cube Philippine Open, and I welcomed some good members who then helped build this forum's core and essence.

I was overjoyed to hear the next competition was to be held in Diliman, the place of great education and my home in personal learning and development. And, right in my college's building, the CS Atrium. It was my first time to be a scrambler, and actually contribute to an official competition.

My schoolmate predicted a great surge in numbers after the competition; he said of a "torrential influx", I remember. I was alarmed but was confident it will be nothing we cannot handle.

The numbers started increasing some mid-January. The competition gained so much media hype and influenced so much people that the true Cube Craze had officially begun.

Then began some little reprimanding of members. One by one people, some who sincerely or not, modestly or so, believe that they themselves are quite impervious to mistakes, take part in the rhetoric agreements, confirmations, and bashing to posts or directly at other members. Soon enough, topics with similar incidents became beehives to swarms of dogwatchers who usually have two mouths: one to ridicule, reprimand or embarrass the offender, and one to spread the incident-turned-into-gossip news more likely in a new topic. The forum is losing its essence and turning into...(Jome, you might have a word for here.)

Yes I do tell off someone when I know he committed a mistake. But I never did ask anyone to follow up and back me up with bashing comments, did I? OK, for comparison, I see numerous duplicate threads in speedsolving.com that ended with one or two replies, and hey, that second reply is usually something of use.

The thing is, I do not believe much more can be done. Problems may arise simply because it is from the personal beliefs, conducts, or ethics of our members. It is not simply something we can change easily in ourselves. Think about it, why would anyone just their ways just because some insignificant persons in their lives told them "lagot ka sa mod, fake ka"? I simply cannot anymore take part in any.

This is a personal decision of mine, and I do not ask anyone to do the same. There is no major crime committed. There is simply discontent from this member in the direction of this particular forum. My judgments are, I emphasize, PERSONAL.

I will do visit sometimes. I only did say my loyalty is halted and so much efforts to contribute to this site I will stop. A post here and there, but nothing more. I will shift my focus to the newer website, while it's clean.

Comment if you must, discuss if you will. Don't worry, we have so many moderators here, even more than the ones officially recognized.

My deepest gratitude to the moderators, my friends here (I will still see you guys in UP in person), and to the members. My stay here, though short-lived, was fun, and even the fun itself was short-lived.
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I will discontinue my loyalty to this site

Post by meaty21 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:12 pm

Bro, i dont know much about you, and I know that you dont know much about me either, but its just sad to hear that one of the "pioneer" members of this association or forum decides to discontinue loyalty. I agree on your point especially when you stated,
"Yes I do tell off someone when I know he
committed a mistake. But I never did ask anyone to follow up and back
me up with bashing comments, did I?", though I myself do that sometimes. Maybe we'll just take your decision as "magpapahangin ka lang", and hope that your enthusiasm on this forum will be back the way it was in no time. I dont have much to say now, like i said, its just sad hearing these kinds of news. Lets just hope for the best. ^^

Last edited by meaty21 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
meaty21
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-01-20

View user profile http://unkoxcore.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:23 pm

This message has been deleted by the poster.

Last edited by Dizzy on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:18 am; edited 3 times in total

Dizzy
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jome on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:44 pm

Torrential influx--yes, those were my words a long, long time ago. Such a truth that prediction (Nay, it was a foresight.) has become now.

It is sad to see you actually discontinuing your loyalty to this site. It may seem a little bit crazy, since we're all but the same even when we're in the other one, but this site really has degraded into a stinking den of misfits and malicious people that has no other aim but to point out all but their own mistakes (That was a bit long for a term, wasn't it, Bryan? Haha.). If it wasn't for that little spark of hope in me that tells me that there is indeed a chance for people to change, I would have left this long before you.

I would like to join Bryan in pointing out that you people shouldn't be hypocrites. What is supposed to be a site for speedcubing has been degraded into a bashing board that is at your beck-and-call. This has turned into a site where personal grudges are held, people's own stupidities are revealed, and good people are exploited. For all the purposes that this site was for, none but a few remain true.

As for this fraud thing, ask yourself, are you really even telling the truth, too? I can point out exactly five people who aren't as fast as they claim to be (I can challenge you personally just to see your times, mind you.), but what good would that do? Having proof or no is not the important thing--in proving someone as guilty, there is still the motive. Moreso than the act, you should explore the motive of such actions. Why point out the fallacy of such actions when you can do so much more by telling them outright to change? Or help them in any way whatsoever?

People have completely deformed this site into a hideous outpost of hooligans who know nothing more than replying with useless one-liners and very, very unhelpful comments.

Personally, I want to point out that Emz shouldn't have done that (Yes, I am saying your name). Being a moderator doesn't give anyone else, least of all you, to bash someone else. I think the Milan Baticz/Matyas Kuti incident has taught us just as much: cheaters should be exposed, punished, but never be humiliated. If you people think otherwise, then you have assholes for brains--instead of thinking, you're actually just shitting everywhere.

But enough of this thing. Now that it's said and done, there is nothing that can be done to reverse the damage. I remember holding back on destroying someone's motherboard just because he defiled my personal online site. Just because I was violated doesn't give me the privilege of performing verbal battery and assault. If it's of any consolation, I think that being the one to say something first means that you haven't thought of any answer at all.

Bryan is a friend to a lot of people, and he mentored me more than once during those quick UP cubemeets. If such a good and knowledgeable person stops contributing to this site, it will be your loss and not his.

Blah. I tire of writing. I doubt if even half of those who read this will be able to understand half of what I've written, moreso take into heart what this means for many of us.

To Bryan: That's okay, haha. I guess we just have to train in our own little ways. And yes, UP na ulit ako. So the cubemeets aren't over just yet. Cheers.

Will kill spammers for free.
No, my pic is not edited. I've got red eyes! Beware, spammers!
Jome
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-11-25

View user profile http://scarredpetal.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:46 pm

at last, someone shared the same sentiment as mine! i've been keeping quiet for a long time about this issue coz i wanted to preserve the peace dito sa site. but the truth is, I was really devastated eversince makabasa ako ng mga posts na "binubully" ang mga newbies. i don't wanna name names but i feel disgusted by these cubers na sobrang yabang kung umasta. as i said before, i was a newbie once. pero nung time na yun, wala pang masyadong users dito sa site. so ang mga trivial posts ko like "paano po ang f2l?" ay hindi nirereprimand. ngayon, magpost ka lang ng ganyan, mumurahin ka pa dahil sa double post. about the fakers, sometimes, i feel that there are real fakers, but i always give them the benefit of the doubt, and i usually qualify that when i post. i really want PCA to get bigger. Gaya din ng sabi ko dati, mas mahirap i-organize ang site pag sobrang dami nang members. Yan lang naman ang kapalit. Pero, ang importante, lumalaki ang PCA, so we must welcome all members as much as possible para di sila ma-marginalize. Anyways, i will still be loyal to this website no matter what happens.

3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2007-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HUNTER357 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:16 pm

@jome and others...

maybe ill post also on the public apology thread.. but every action ive done has a reason...

>>> 1st of all, i posted it not to bash him or for others to maltreated him. I posted it so no one will do again the thing the he just did.

>>>>2nd And if you can review my posts... i dont humiliate or correct others unless they are really wrong... i am also sad for what happened im am sorry for that...

"Why point out the fallacy of such actions when you can do so much more by telling them outright to change? Or help them in any way whatsoever?" === even if you will ask rafael1991 himself... even thou i busted him (or as you say humiliated him) i am personally talking to him in his ym.. im trying to help him out and even asking him real reasons... or making him show some proof so i can help him regain his personality here..

>>>>>3rd -- @jome... just wanna say.. i did think of it 1st... maybe its just that ive thaught of the improper way i guess...

TO ALL:

>>>> I come in peace... I dont want to harm anyone without a reason... I will still continue my loyalty here! I will try to polish my reasoning as well... but again i want to point out that i didn't intentionally want rafael1991 to be showered with degrading words... Rafael1991 has a different attitude... ( i knew this while i was talking to him) and personal confrontation will not make him change.. even make him admit to himself that he is wrong... But again... if i did not posted it... no one will flame againts him... Again.. im sorry...

To bryan, jome and others who are more pioneer than i am.... I'm also trying my best to maintain and organize this site... maybe i just over reacted this time... again.. my apologies... Thanks for reading and God bless!

http://www.theclickers.net/ptc/index.php?ref=hunter357

Cube still for sale (pm me)
-Emz-
HUNTER357
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 796

View user profile http://www.cube-prints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jettyboy1 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Bryan and Jerome have said it all.

The members of this forum site have been degraded since the start of this year. I thought new members would be a great addition to our rising craze of cubing in the Philippines. But sadly, that's not the case. From then on, pinoyspeedcubers.com have went downwards.

Why am I calling this pinoyspeedcubers.com and not PCA? BECAUSE: This is a forum site. It has nothing to do with PCA at all. It was made to bring in cubers of the Philippines to share ideas and thoughts on aspects of speedcubing.

I remember back then around July when pinoyspeedcubers.com started. I was asked to join the forum and the friendster group by one of the fastest and founding members of PCA, JB Canares, since he found me in the Sunday Contest. And man, to think it was a privilege, because it was my first time joining a group of cubers which I could relate to.

Everything was clean in the beginning. Everyone was nice. Posts from here to there; it was fascinating. I have learned many things and shared many things. NO ONE put anyone down. I don't remember anyone drastically bashing someone when they have done something wrong. We would all just chuckle and move on.

Now everything's different. From the threads created to the posts entered onto the site. It just wasn't the same as 2007. I see more crap than useful posts or threads made. I don't think ANYONE reads the Rules and Regulations. It just keeps coming and coming and coming. Even us moderating isn't enough to keep this sh*t down.

Respect should be implemented immediately throughout this forum. People should never take it too far with another person. Even I know it. Even 5 year olds know it. The 5 year olds make you pinoyspeedcubers.com members look like pathetic infants. The people who are not contributing or are asking existing questions should think whether or not you should even be on this forum. My opinion is that you guys are a disgrace.

This is supposed to be a clean and helpful site. This has been made through blood and sweat to promote to the world that the Philippines can speedcube too! And that the Filipinos also have great ideas to share.

That is why you guys should RESPECT the blood and sweat of PCA Founders. RESPECT the teachings of the pioneers. RESPECT the questioning of the newbies. RESPECT the world of speedcubing and most of all RESPECT yourself.

-----

I will still be moderating this site because I was given this job. I highly respect my own position. But i will not contribute as much anymore just like some few people. I hope this site will change. I'll also be moving on.

Last edited by jettyboy1 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

i'm not stubborn, i'm just always right.
jettyboy1
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-07-09

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jettyboy1

Back to top Go down

Post by meaty21 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:43 pm

@jettyboy1

I agree sa point mo na more and more threads na hindi helpful or "nonsense"(sorry for the word) ang sumusulpot. And tingin ko pa nga mas dumadami ung post sa "off topic" kesa sa "speedcubing" or other cube related threads eh. I think this is just "one of those dark days" na pinagdadaanan ng lahat, and I know that this will end sooner that we thought.

Sa lahat:

So para sa ating lahat, like what kuya chia said, RESPECT, though di ko to nagagawa minsan, i try to cope up naman. Its okay na manita kayo ng newbies,or double posters, or whom ever we want, pero be sure to give them answers first. Be sure not to be cruel and try not to "scold" them like they are babies. This website is created by the respected PCA members for sharing ideas, helping each other in our speedcubing world, and most importantly, bring cubers from around the world together. And if you think na hindi na nasusunod tong mga to, magisip isip na tayo. Mag isip isip tayo na maybe there's something wrong, and lets start correcting mistakes with ourselves. And im trying to do it. so sa lahat po ng makakabasa nito, dont worry, maaayos din lahat.

HAPPY CUBING SA LAHAT! ^^
meaty21
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-01-20

View user profile http://unkoxcore.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by van21691 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:08 am

I stepped down on being Loyal Members of the site long ago. I agree with Jettyboy, back then It was clean, fun.
van21691
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2007-06-29

View user profile http://www4.pcriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by van21691 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 am

HUNTER357 wrote:

but again i want to point out that i didn't intentionally want rafael1991 to be showered with degrading words... Rafael1991 has a different attitude...

It is not your fault that the thread was replied with some bad comments. We like that you proved someone that is "fake"
van21691
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdsaved on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:44 am

i would really like to fully express what i think about this pero medyo napapagod na din ako.

naalala ko nagreply ako dun sa faker thread na tama na ang replies dahil baka umabot lang ng 15 pages na puro bash ang replies pero wala pa ring nakinig. good thing kuya john locked it on the 12th page pero surely it would've been more kung tuloy tuloy lang.

baka wala din namang makinig saken ulet e. it's sad that this site is getting crazier and crazier. like what jome said. benjediman's decision was our loss, not his.

3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-10-17

View user profile http://lesmallari.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by van21691 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:49 am

cmdsaved wrote:

naalala ko nagreply ako dun sa faker thread na tama na ang replies dahil baka umabot lang ng 15 pages na puro bash ang replies pero wala pa ring nakinig. good thing kuya john locked it on the 12th page pero surely it would've been more kung tuloy tuloy lang.

I did reply to to say, stop replying or something along that lines. What happened? Did they stop? no.
van21691
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_rendl on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:32 am

i share the same sentiment as what benjidman, jome and pajodaep, UP cubers. Tinatamad talaga ako sa site na ito. may mahaba akong message sana for this thread kaso nabura ng firefox browser dahil nag-auto-log-out.. ayoko nang ulitin.. nakakatamad talaga.. i don't care much.. i don't care if my name goes blue again.

i wont leave PCA, i might just leave the thread (although i'll surely visit sometimes), meet up with UP CUBERS, set-up BULACAN CUBEMEETS, contribute with respect to the goals of PCA... i will continue their dream.. without this messed-up forum site. thank you

>>i.e., U={cxcxc | c is an integer and lies in the interval [2,11]}
>>C be the set of my cubes on hand
>>S={2, 3, 4, 5}
MY CUBES ON HAND CAN BE THE DESCRIBED BY THE SET C where...
>>C={nxnxn element of set U | n is an element of S}

UPD. MATH MAJOR. PERIOD.
marc_rendl
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nube on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Those kind of things can't be avoided . What if most of the loyal members did the same as benjediman? Who will facilitate this site. There are bad members but there are members to who are good and most of all, learn from this site. I hope there is till hope in it, to see how this site was doing way back then when fun fills this.
Nube
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dotdotdot on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:50 pm

@ sa lahat...

hm...tama ung sinasabi nilang lahat...at first...i thought that joining this forum would teach me a lot of stuff about cubing...since i was and is still a noob at it...and by far this site has helped me...it has helped me a lot...now i never knew about this faker incident so hindi na ako mag cocoment dyan...i have a feeling na ang thread na to ay magpapa discourage ng mga members na mag post...or even to visit this site[feeling lng ha..^^]...and it makes me sad to read all the comments of the mods here...hindi ko alam na ganun na pala ka lala problema nila...sorry sa lahat dahil na rin siguro isa ako sa mga 1 liner, not helping posters...but i do try my best to help the members of this site...sa palagay ko nabulag lng kami sa kinang ng "ranking cubes" sa baba ng pangalan namin...but who am i to say whats right or wrong...ndi naman tlga ako masyadong nag lolog.in dito...

all i hope is that people would still support the site...give us noobs the chance to develop and hone our skillz...dahil hindi lahat ng tao nakakapunta sa mga cubemeetz...to all cuberz happy cubing kau dyan..^^
dotdotdot
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2008-05-14

View user profile http://profiles.friendster.com/n0b0dycarez

Back to top Go down

Post by superken on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:13 pm

I know my post will not be of much value, but I just wish to apologize for making some people miserable.

Pajo: I know what you mean, and I know that I am one of them too, I know for a fact that i "bully", a lot.

Bryan: I don`t think anything we say will make you come back, but I just wanna say that I feel your sentiments, and I always haved.

To everyone, let`s move forward. We can still make things right, but before that let`s do look at ourselves before we do anything drastic. I know I don`t have the authority or whatsoever to say these things, but I will try to make things better.

To do this, I join Bryan, one less offender is one step better for the site.

Anu pow yung L' ?
Hindi ko pow ma-gets yung Fredddricch? Panu pow ba yun?
Anu pow yung ____?
superken
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 453

View user profile http://awoofawoof.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mylouie0228 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:37 pm

superken wrote:

To everyone, let`s move forward. We can still make things right, but before that let`s do look at ourselves before we do anything drastic...

I agree sir Ken. Let us move forward.

Guidance lang naman kailangan ng mga newbie (guide them politely especially pag bago palang cla busita s forum)... and for the Mods to strickly implement the rules and regulations of this forum. They can delete, lock, move topics naman d b? They can even repremand/warn a member pag umabuso n.

Pinoyspeedcubers.com and PCA helps alot of cubers specially those who are just beginning to discover and love cubing. Ako dami ko natutunan s site n to. It helps promote cubing which we all love.

Habaan nyo pa po pasensya.
mylouie0228
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nEwo on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:07 pm

If there's someone who is being helped/was helped/will be helped by this forum, it would be me, though I've been long stucked at sub30s. So I don't humiliate the members here, instead I respect and admire them (Jome, Benjideman, Pajodeep, Marc Rendl,, etc) for sharing their knowledge regarding speedcubing until this thread of Emz' was posted. I hate liars so i said what i said there, but then again it was until this thread was posted that i feel like a very stupid-brainless member of this forum and just being some kind of "parasite" or "leech" here.

So I agree with Benjideman, I'm with his sentiments, also with Jome, Pajodeep, Marc rendl etc. I've been keeping some of their said sentiments personally. Im also irritated with people who only replies "double post" or something like that to some noob-like questions and some with humiliating words though I understand that they also want this forum to be organized. however, it's not what's been happening here. They pretend moderators to rank up their "rankings" here. But now, i think if every member will read this, then it will be the start of having changes here.

I'm saddened by what's been happening here. Since I became a member of this forum,, pinoyspeedcubers is the very first site im surfing in to everytime im online because its only here that i found people with the same passion Im into. When my friends asked me how and why speedcubing occur to me,, I haven't answer them without mentioning PCA, though im just a member of its forum. Im really grateful for that.

However, this forum is just "degrading" not yet "degraded", right? so we can still prevent it from happening. We can't never say we don't have any choice, because we have innumerable of it.

@benjideman: thanks dude for everything you've shared here, i appreciate everything, really, however, the only thing that i beg to disagree with you is your discontinuing your loyalty here. I know what's been happening here is annoying and saddening, but, for me dude, its not a valid reason to do this. Its like giving up for me. I know your not literally leaving, but it was like half of leaving. I may sound, again, leech or parasite here, bec im like stopping you from leaving bec as i mentioned, i'd learned so much from you. Well, yeah, it is somewhat meant like that but not only for me but for PCA. However, we all respect your decision dude. thanks.

PS: this call a public apology of mine..heheh

LETS ALL SAVE THIS FORUM!!!
nEwo
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by makoy_071394 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm

grabe andaming pioneer members sunod-sunod ang reply ang hahaba pa pero sa tao naman talaga yan kung pano siya mag-rereact sa isang bagay like the "faker" thinggy eto nabasa ko to pero hindi naman ako nagbigay ng "bashing comment" hindi nga ako nagbigay ng comment eh pero inside me parang naawa pa nga ako dun sa may "faker" kasi pinagkaisahan siya ng langit at lupa sa dami ng bad comments na binigay sa kanya kaya masasabi ko lang naman dapat yung mga tao d2 sa PCA ay may disiplina naman...
makoy_071394
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down