Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Organzing Rubik's Competition Regularly

+6
chaos2121
seirrah
bonoan1027
tungkel_08
Jome
supercuber
10 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Organzing Rubik's Competition Regularly Empty Suggestion: Organzing Rubik's Competition Regularly

Post by supercuber Tue May 13, 2008 9:23 pm

Subukan po kaya natin magorganize ng rubik's competition regaualrly in different places in our country.?? Para po maitrain ang nga cubers natin, sumikat ang sport na ito sa ating bansa at para maiiwas ang mga kabataan natin sa masasamang bisyo. What do you think??
supercuber
supercuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Organzing Rubik's Competition Regularly Empty Re: Suggestion: Organzing Rubik's Competition Regularly

Post by Jome Tue May 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Although the suggestion is great, the reality of the situation is far more difficult than one might expect. We can hold many events, that is no problem, but getting the proper sponsors, encouraging real speedcubers to participate (not just those who know and are satisfied with it), and the ability and availability of the people who can make it happen are just few of the many things that are needed to ensure a successful event.

And I haven't started on getting a WCA approval as well as a delegate. The Philippines only has two, Mateus de Almeida and JB Canares, and while JB can indeed hold/delegate events, it will be mostly in the South, and that is if he's available.

Madaming bagay, pero for now, there isn't enough capability to hold, say, Japan-regular events (which held three events already, if I'm correct, since 2008 started).

Still, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want this. After Diliman Open, I found out how difficult it is to actually pull of an event like this. That's why I admired the Cebu Open organizers for organizing a really great event. It's far from other competitions, but it's a start.
Jome
Jome
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-11-25

http://scarredpetal.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Organzing Rubik's Competition Regularly Empty Re: Suggestion: Organzing Rubik's Competition Regularly

Post by tungkel_08 Tue May 13, 2008 9:33 pm

magoorganize nga

may mga nagpaplan na poh nyan alam q eh.

maganda yan

problem is

financial support

kung cno man magoorganize.

dapat talga may kaya ung magoorganize db
tungkel_08
tungkel_08
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bonoan1027 Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 pm

yeah... maganda sana kung regular and competitions dito sa phils but like what kuya jome said... mahirap ang process

@tungkel_08
i think that's what the registration fee is for:))
bonoan1027
bonoan1027
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by supercuber Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Kaya lets try to find sponsors,
People who wants to join the event,
People who are willing to support the event.
supercuber
supercuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by seirrah Tue May 13, 2008 10:25 pm

it's not easy to find sponsors.....
as one of the organizer of Cebu Open, i find it very hard to organize.... believe it or not "Luge kami sa Tournament" even though na luge kami..... it is still fine as long as it is successful... and Cebu Open has only 2 sponsors, but only for goods, not 'cash'..... ^^,

and also, there are 62 people who pre-registered in online but on the actual tournament there only 32 of us who join.... tsk,

It's easy to say but hard to do........... ^^
seirrah
seirrah
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by supercuber Tue May 13, 2008 10:38 pm

seirrah wrote:it's not easy to find sponsors.....
as one of the organizer of Cebu Open, i find it very hard to organize.... believe it or not "Luge kami sa Tournament" even though na luge kami..... it is still fine as long as it is successful... and Cebu Open has only 2 sponsors, but only for goods, not 'cash'..... ^^,

and also, there are 62 people who pre-registered in online but on the actual tournament there only 32 of us who join.... tsk,

Ask ko lang po, kailan po kayo nagstart magplano??
Meron po ba kayong prizes??
supercuber
supercuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bonoan1027 Tue May 13, 2008 10:53 pm

but if you ask me... the number of philippine competitions are reasonable naman.
this upcoming july is the RCPO2k8 (register na kayo)
pero sana there will be more to look forward to:) yan yung importante
bonoan1027
bonoan1027
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos2121 Tue May 13, 2008 10:55 pm

hndi pa ba deligate si kuya Jonathan papa para may deligate tau d2 sa luzon area?? heheehe wla lng tanong wla hndi ba sia nkapasok?
chaos2121
chaos2121
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by seirrah Tue May 13, 2008 11:08 pm

supercuber wrote:
seirrah wrote:it's not easy to find sponsors.....

Ask ko lang po, kailan po kayo nagstart magplano??
Meron po ba kayong prizes??

as of now.... wala pa, bumabawi pa kami sa losses namin.... ^^, but if there is,,, i popost naman namin as soon as possible
seirrah
seirrah
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by supercuber Tue May 13, 2008 11:15 pm

no no no.. what i mean is bago nagsimula cebu open, kailan kayo nagplan?
tsaka meron bang prizes yung cebu open??
supercuber
supercuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 pm

@supercuber,

2 months, I can say, would already be rushing it. Given the tasks to find sponsors that would actually be willing to sponsor such a "different" sport, a sport that is hard to match with any products the to-be sponsors are selling, yes it is very hard to organize a competition.

You will also be needing to secure a venue good enough to hold multiple people. And, if you intend to publicize cubing, you will need a very popular place to begin with.

You will need volunteers for the judges, scramblers, etc. They will need to be knowledgeable at least in basic notations in the first place. The more competitors, the more of these you need.

You will need to organize your events, plan ahead if all events will fit the time limit, set plan B's if something happens.

You will need a delegate.

I'd say 3-5 months should do it.

If you can find individuals who have nothing to do for that amount of time a year, then you have one more competition to attend to.

And there are no prizes. The WCA does not require organizers to provide them, although they are free to do so. The cost of the competition usually eats up much of the funds already.
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seirrah Tue May 13, 2008 11:54 pm

only medels are the prizes.... and the planning of Cebu Open was before Dec 2007 if i'm not misteken....
seirrah
seirrah
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by van21691 Wed May 14, 2008 1:31 am

As they say, you don't have to give winners medal. You can give them something.
You can give them Ice cream, food, whatever as long there is prize.
van21691
van21691
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2007-06-29

http://www4.pcriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaboringJohnCañares Wed May 14, 2008 1:51 am

Easier said than done, magstestress kayo diyan kapag magregular competitions kayo. Take note, speedcubing isn't just your life, meron pang iba na mabibusy kayo na maka stress rin. Imagine, every month tayo magheld ng competitions, imagine the rush and stresses you have to face. It's no joke to organize, trust me, been there.

I'm not against your proposal, in fact go ako diyan. Pero starting pa ang speedcubing dito sa pinas eh, magdadalawang isip pa diyan ang kukunin nyong sponsors. Kunti lang ang magbabasakali na magsposponsor sa unfamiliar grounds. Lets just wait a little till meron ng trust ang mga companies sa atin na in time magwholeheartedly sponsor sa atin.
MetaboringJohnCañares
MetaboringJohnCañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metaboringjohn/

Back to top Go down

Post by sanosuky09 Wed May 14, 2008 8:03 pm

im planning to have an official competition here in iligan. and im willing to take all the sacrifices and to do what i need to do to seek sponsors. tama si benjediman, di talaga madali yung pagoorganize ng tournament and marami dapat aasikasohin. though na-witness ko yung struggle ng Cebu Open organizers, im not discourage to put up the first competition here in iligan.

at this time im still finding where the event will take place here. and by june i will form the organizing team for the event. i hope many will cooperate and will sponsor us in this event.
sanosuky09
sanosuky09
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by supercuber Fri May 23, 2008 12:55 am

Siguro nga kailangan pa nating maghintay...
supercuber
supercuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down