Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cube Dimensions/Measurements and Conventions

+4
jolo_mat2008
AnotherCuber
benjediman
robert_papalid_ece
8 posters

Go down

Cube Dimensions/Measurements and Conventions Empty Cube Dimensions/Measurements and Conventions

Post by robert_papalid_ece Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Hello everybody:

Good day. I am still new to cubing, if you would not mind, pwede ask a few basic questions regarding the Rubik's Puzzle?

1. Ano ba ang exact na sukat for the Rubik's Cube? What I meant is its length, width, and height measurements (though these three are just equal considering it is a cube).

2. I have also encountered a lot of brands ng Rubik's cube. I would like to ask as well, if ano ba ang pinakapopular brand ng Rubik's cube? Different brands kasi have their own cube dimension/measurement standards.

3. What's the correct color scheme for the cube? The one that I am using now, has blue opposite the white side, orange to the red side, and green to the yellow side. Is this color scheme correct? I bought a new cube (from the bangketa, to my dismay, iba yung color scheme).

These are the three simple questions that I wanted to ask. Hope you could give some generous reply.

Thank You, More Power, and God Bless...
Philippine Cubers Association
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Cube Dimensions/Measurements and Conventions Empty Re: Cube Dimensions/Measurements and Conventions

Post by benjediman Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:07 pm

I do not know of the dimensions.

The most popular would probably be cube4you type A when it comes to "speedcubing".

If you face green and white on top, then yellow is on bottom, blue back, red right and orange left.

Best wishes and good luck on the robot!
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Cube Dimensions/Measurements and Conventions Empty Re: Cube Dimensions/Measurements and Conventions

Post by AnotherCuber Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:01 pm

1. According to wiki:

A standard cube measures approximately 2ΒΌ inches (5.7 cm) on each side.

2. di ko lang sure... XD kasi ako bangketa cube lang din gamit ko eh Very Happy hehe... DS FTW!~

3. i think your cube have japanese color scheme on it...
mine is white-yellow, blue-green, and orange-red... and almost all the cubers i know use this color scheme... it's just a matter of preference... and as long as you can solve it ... it's just fine Very Happy

AnotherCuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jolo_mat2008 Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:10 pm

standard color scheme is : white and yellow are opposites..blue and green are opposites..tapos orange and red..pero wala namang kaso yan..kung nasanay ka na sa ganyang color scheme then go..Smile personally tingin ko mas astig nga..haha..Razz

most popular : ewan..basta eto mga alam kong brands..

Type a-f diys from cube4you (or 9spuzzles)
Rubiks :3x3,2x2,4x4,5x5,ice cube, diy, keychain at kung anoano pa..
Eastsheen : 2x2 4x4 5x5 kechains..etc.
V cubes : 5x5 6x6 7x7 ..malabo pang makakuha tayo neto at this time..Smile

and bangketa cubes of course :

diansheng diys (aka mr brix..haha)
yuga diys
bangketa 2x2 and bangketa bigcubes
ano pa ba..

hmmnn..

wala na kong maisip..Razz
ayun:)
jolo_mat2008
jolo_mat2008
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Thanks guys for the answers. I have been searching for the internet about these data, particularly on the exact dimensions of the cube. I was frustrated, when I found out, na di pala pareho ang dimensions ng mga brands; worse, there is a different color scheming pala (Japanese color scheme that you have mentioned).

These things may just be a small thing for most of you, but this is an important thing for me. I have actually posted a topic under OFF-TOPIC, regarding the project that I am currently making relevant to cube solving; and the size of the cube as well as the correct color scheming are tremendously significant factors.

Pwede ask if magkano ang original Cube4You na 3x3x3 na cube?

Thanks again people for the answers... and More Power...
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jolo_mat2008 Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 pm

robert_papalid_ece wrote:Thanks guys for the answers. I have been searching for the internet about these data, particularly on the exact dimensions of the cube. I was frustrated, when I found out, na di pala pareho ang dimensions ng mga brands; worse, there is a different color scheming pala (Japanese color scheme that you have mentioned).

These things may just be a small thing for most of you, but this is an important thing for me. I have actually posted a topic under OFF-TOPIC, regarding the project that I am currently making relevant to cube solving; and the size of the cube as well as the correct color scheming are tremendously significant factors.

Pwede ask if magkano ang original Cube4You na 3x3x3 na cube?

Thanks again people for the answers... and More Power...

actually cube size and color scheme is a BIG thing for most cubers..well..at least for me..hirap akong magf2l kapag iba yung color scheme and ngayon medyo naninibago na ko sa diansheng dahil mas maliit (matagal kasi akong gumamit ng rubiks diy)..

cube4you diys - kapag bulk order i think mga 400-450 pesos ata..kapag bibilin mo from a person (not directly from cube4you.com) probably mga 600-800 pesos..Smile ayun..
jolo_mat2008
jolo_mat2008
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by javi2dmax Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:40 am

most popuar brand ...edi rubiks...mga kakalse ko nga di nila alam kung ano ang diy eh
javi2dmax
javi2dmax
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-03

http://javiguapo.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:22 am

Good day Pinoy Speed Cubers,

May itatanong ulit sana ako if okey lang.
Just wanted to ask: If meron ba kayong alam na cube kung saan mas pronounced yung mga colors ORANGE at RED. Most cubes kasi, halos magkakapareha lang yung kulay ng ORANGE at RED.

I am trying to capture an image of the Rubik's cube using my webcam. Using a low-quality webcam, the image tends to unidentify the difference between the colors ORANGE and RED.

More Power PCA!
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by paololzki Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:52 am

robert_papalid_ece wrote:Good day Pinoy Speed Cubers,

May itatanong ulit sana ako if okey lang.
Just wanted to ask: If meron ba kayong alam na cube kung saan mas pronounced yung mga colors ORANGE at RED. Most cubes kasi, halos magkakapareha lang yung kulay ng ORANGE at RED.

I am trying to capture an image of the Rubik's cube using my webcam. Using a low-quality webcam, the image tends to unidentify the difference between the colors ORANGE and RED.

More Power PCA!

actually hindi cube ung problem mo jan. (unless you are using a red or orange cube). It's actually the quality of the stickers. Meron kasing sobrang lapit nung color nung dalawa sa isa't isa eh. Pero quality stickers are available here sa trade center. If you want sa internet, cube4you.com or cubesmith.com
paololzki
paololzki
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolo_mat2008 Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:58 am

kung gusto mong ibang iba talaga ang colors ng red and orange..CUBESMITH BRIGHTSET ang katapat nyan..yun nga lang..baka mahirapan ka magadjust sa cmula.
jolo_mat2008
jolo_mat2008
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberryshake Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:36 pm

i guess ang standard color scheme eh e2...
if ur facing red... the opposite is orange ...
sa right green and sa left is blue
then the bottom is white and the top is yellow
ndi ko alam kung anung color scheme yan sau eh...
ang japanese kc ...
parang standard din kaso...
blue and yellow ang mgkapalit...
eun...
sharing lng...
Very Happy
...♥
[/url]
strawberryshake
strawberryshake
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2007-10-04

https://www.facebook.com/candyislove

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks guys for the prompt answers.

I have learned something new again. Pwede palang palitan ang stickers ng mga cubes? Hehehe... Everytime the stickers of my cube faded... I usually buy a new one... Well anyway... yung cube na binibili ko are the bangketa Dian Sheng na cubes... 80 pesos lang naman... so di masyadong mabigat...

@paololzki:
May I ask: San ba yang sinasabi mong Trade Center? And how much ang isang set ng stickers? Thanks bro.

@jolo_mat2008:
I will also try to look at the CUBESMITH BRIGHTSET na cubes. I am in search for the perfect cube that I could use.

@strawberryshake:
Thanks sa share. Smile

Another Problem (na naman! hehehe...):
Yung Dian Sheng na cubes na ginagamit ko has very glossy stickers... as in parang nagrereflect yung light to the colors... so everytime I capture an image using my poor webcam... yung ibang kulay nagiging white dahil sa reflection...

I guess... I would prefer stickers na mas dull yung kulay... to avoid such situation...

GOD BLESS PCA!!!
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJoker Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:43 pm

ngayon ko lang nabasa to... i apologize in advance... especially to the thread starter... hehehehehe... Very Happy:D:D:D

actually when someone ask like this... "what is the best RUBIK's cube brand..." medyo may mali lang...

para kasing redundant yun question... like nakasanayan na natin...

sa tindahan...
bata: pabili nga po ng colgate...
tindera: anong klase?...
bata: yun close-up po...

rubik's cube is actually the brand... nasanay lang tayo tawagin... hehehehehe... Very Happy:D:D:D
TheJoker
TheJoker
3x3x3
3x3x3

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJoker Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:45 pm

ngayon ko lang nabasa to... i apologize in advance... especially to the thread starter... hehehehehe... Very Happy:D:D:D

actually when someone ask like this... "what is the best RUBIK's cube brand..." medyo may mali lang...

para kasing redundant yun question... like nakasanayan na natin...

sa tindahan...
bata: pabili nga po ng colgate...
tindera: anong klase?...
bata: yun close-up na pula po...

rubik's cube is actually the brand... nasanay lang tayo tawagin... hehehehehe... Very Happy:D:D:D

and about the question of DS Sticker... palitan mo na agad... kasi pag medyo matagal na lalo kang mahihirapan tangalin... okay po... dami naman nagtitinda dito ng sticker... tingin tingin ka lang sa Trade Center...

okay... thanks po... peace... heheheheheheheh... Very Happy:D:D:D
TheJoker
TheJoker
3x3x3
3x3x3

Back to top Go down

Post by robert_papalid_ece Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:16 pm

@Joker:
Ganun ba pre? Akala ko kasi pre... the toy itself ay ang tinatawag na Rubik's cube... Sa pagkakaalam ko kasi pre... the puzzle was invented by a person whose family name is Rubik kaya siya tinawag na Rubik's cube... and the Rubik's cube (the toy) has different brands... that's what I thought...

Sorry for the innocent misnomer though... And thanks for the corrections...
robert_papalid_ece
robert_papalid_ece
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by paololzki Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:42 pm

Trade Center: Dito sa forum. Hanapin mo lang..

Stickers, depende sa nagtitinda.. I browse niyo nalang ung website na binigay ko. Smile
paololzki
paololzki
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJoker Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:22 pm

@joker...
wow... double post... basa ka po rules and regulations... lagot ka sa mga asta-mods... hehehehehehe... Very Happy:D:D:D

paano kaya nangyari yun na double post sya... wala naman me ginagawa... may topak ata tong computer ko sa OPIS... grabe...

@robert_papalid_ece
hey... you don't have to apologize... it is me the one to... and i just did it already... at the start of my post...

and besides... you are right in everything... i just emphasize something...

okay po ... thanks po marami... heheheheheheh... Very Happy:D:D:D
TheJoker
TheJoker
3x3x3
3x3x3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down