Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mastering F2L intuitively...

+13
hyfly
roellien
ares12
crazy_talek
MetaboringJohnCañares
geocine
openbox
superken
Brian Nicole Uy
benjediman
jettyboy1
SlowestCuber
jolly86
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mastering F2L intuitively... Empty Mastering F2L intuitively...

Post by jolly86 Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Some things I want to share to our fellow cubers who don't know yet intuitive F2l [that includes me, but I'm pretty sure I'm starting to learn.. i can feel it.. and i know for some experts they understand me to what i feel now..dba?! ung parang.. "hala e2 nga un! alam ko na! yey! kuha ko na 2! lagot ka sakin ngayon.bwahaha", "pano nga ba 2? i-hide, i-turn,i-balik,-i-partner, ayun!... etc.. hahaha" sana may makakarelate.]

anyway so much for that. After doing the cross, at first time I tried F2L, i see the cube mostly unsolved.. i was thinking, "WOAH! pano ko kaya ipartner to, pano ko to galawin ng sabay?, asan na nga ung partner nito?, Patay, etong case pa talaga..hahaha! makatingin nga sa algo.." hmm, i bet somebody there is also experiencing this..

It's ok if you learn all those algos in the F2L provided in some sites.. but trust me, it's really good if you know it intuitively.. you wont have a hard time on doing F2L PLUS you'll improve FASTER..

So how do i do it? simple, i just practiced F2L... I'll share to you my experience.. kahapon ata un mga 9 hours straight ako nagcube! aww!hehe mga 6 hours dun F2L lahat. Nung una nagarefer ako sa sites sa mga case ng F2L, eh ang kaso pag sinosolve ko na, nawawala ako, tuloy nakakalimutan..hehe around mga 4 hours of straight solving F2L, parang nagkakaroon ako ng feeling, sa unang tingin ko.. "ahh e2 un, ok.. tapos e2, ok! balik, ayun!" pero mejo nahihirapan pa rin.. may doubts pa rin pag naeencounter ko mga cases.. kaninang umaga, i tried solving again(F2L) as time passes by parang nagiging madali na lang siya, un bang parang "aha! na encounter kita kanna!lagot ka sakin ngayon, turn, hide,balik, turn, Pasok! ayan!haha!

Ngayon pag nagpractice ako ng F2L, I don't refer to algos anymore. hindi na ako nag " anong algo nga d2, hmm R.. U... R.. F.., ay mali mali.. asan na nga un.heheh I'm trying to understand on how the cube will turn, how the rotations, partners,cases... etc. parang nag lelevelup ka lng ng experience..hehe

So whats the secret? well, there's really no substitute for practice.. and one more thing, kung nagpapractice kayo, dahan dahanin ang F2l (understand, the why and how..) at ulit ulitin..

This goes out to all the people trying to get some tips on how to do F2L. Sana magustuhan nyo.. ^_^ KEep on Cubing!
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Mastering F2L intuitively... Empty Re: Mastering F2L intuitively...

Post by SlowestCuber Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:49 pm

heheh buti pa po kau intuitive ako kasi ung full f2l ng frid ahehhe pero share lng din ung pag sasaulo nun tinitingnan ko lng ung algos pero d ko sinasaulo tlga ung rotation lng kaya pag may nag papaturo sakin ng f2l nalilito ako kasi daliri ko ung nakakasaulo aheheh ung action na un ahehhe hirap explain basta mahirap magsaulo pag d ka sa cube na katingin aheheh dali lng nmn po sila sauluhin ahehh kaso pag recognition na nahihirapan ako kasi pabagobago colour scheme ko sinira kasi ng kaklasi ko ung stickers ahehhe kya nasa 25 sec pa f2l ko amf

SlowestCuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:00 pm

woah! ganun? uu nga may alam din akong mga cubers na nagsasabi na naisaulo na ng mga fingers nila.hehe but thats very great bilis mo na nga eh.., we all have different comfort zones, and I'm glad to know na jan ka din nasanay, ok yan. pero kahit anong paraan man o anong style, lahat nahuhulog pa rin sa practce.. dba? gO cubers! hehe salamat po sa pagreply.. and sharing your experience.. this can be an additional read for the cubers here.

and to all who read this, you can also post your comments, suggestions and experiences, para naman maging loaded itong post regarding speedcubing..
maraming salamat po..

keep on cubing!
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowestCuber Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:08 pm

aheheh kulang na nga me sa praktis kaka dota haheheh

SlowestCuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jettyboy1 Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:12 pm

i think that it's better off learning f2l from sites and build on from that because sometimes intuitive f2l moves take a longer time to execute...
jettyboy1
jettyboy1
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-07-09

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jettyboy1

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:15 pm

ahhh.. hehehe ok lng yan! ako nagstop na me mag dot mga 7 months na.. maxado na kasing sedentary ang lifestyle ko, i need to shift my hobbies, as of now rubiks cube! haha sedentary pa rin kung titignan kasi nakaupo ka lng pero nabuburn naman ang fats sa wrist at forearm mo.ahahaha
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:48 pm

me what i did is i learned f2l from sites because i had no idea what to do in f2l. bob burton's actually. i did not feel comfortable, that's why i also did intuitive (but hey, im not saying that learning f2l at sites first didnt help; at least i got the concept) then from there, i started to develop speed and quickness of recognition (pero di maxado hehe). after that, i still thought my f2l was so slow, i started to go to sites again. after that i re-evaluated my algos to best fit my cubing. then its a matter of polishing.

but hey, i dont want to say that a particular way of learning is a must for everybody. im just saying what i did Smile
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:58 pm

to all the suggestions and comments-Nice! see theres a lot of perspective in doing things! If we'll take every piece and put it together, we can impart this experience from others to our own and execute it. From this read we can get some ideas and learn from how they did before and how they are doing right now.. practice practice practice.. =]
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Nicole Uy Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:04 am

Well, I agree with you. We have the same experience. But after sometime, you must view the formulas on the web cause sometimes your own way of doing F2L might not be the most efficient.

Brian Nicole Uy
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by superken Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:08 am

I never read F2L algs from sites. HAHA, I watched vids on youtube. I grasped the conceptt and kapow i made algs of my own. HAHA.
superken
superken
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2007-11-25

http://awoofawoof.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:55 am

@Brian Nicole Uy - thanks for the comment.. yah, i guess i need to do that sometime soon..hehe Glad to hear that someone was able to relate with what I wrote! ^_^ thanks again..

@superken - woah! you really are a visual learner.hehe go! thanks for the replies!
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by superken Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:31 am

and ive already memorized all PLLs. and i cant right down the algs i do, i need to see the colors to check if ive done it correctly. i'll prolly suck at blind ahahaha
superken
superken
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2007-11-25

http://awoofawoof.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:24 am

good job! i see ganun pla sa Perms.. ok i'll try that mga apat pa lang namemorize ko eh.hehe pag perm kasi sinasabay ko na pati fingers at color checking para d ako mwala.^_^ no, you wont suck at it, all you need is practice.hehe
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by openbox Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:46 am

superken wrote:I never read F2L algs from sites. HAHA, I watched vids on youtube. I grasped the conceptt and kapow i made algs of my own. HAHA.

yeah! right at salamat sau marunong na ako mag F2L... hahaha :d
openbox
openbox
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://yopapaps.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geocine Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:45 am

di ba ko marunong maturo.. haha sabi kasi ni ken.. naguguluhan ka daw skin eheh
geocine
geocine
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:56 am

haha! u guys are of the same places ah?! nakakainggit dami nyong a cubers.. ako dito parang nag - iisa lng. >.< siguro pag sub 40 na ako tapos nakita nila ako magsolve gaganahan na sila mag speed cube, gus2 kasi nila basic solving lng.hehe
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaboringJohnCañares Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:56 am

I started 'almost' exactly the same, but I don't really know why is this called intuitive f2l, there's nothing intuitive about it. Intuition is independent of reasoning process but figuring out f2l requires analytic thought, and this is reasoning process. There is nothing about figuring out f2l as an immediate cognition....(although in a longer while when you 'get' the algs it becomes so), there is still the act or process of problem and solution. Anyways! They already named it that way, so I just leave it that for the moment.

I basically learned f2l (before the algs) almost by myself, JB just told me the underlying concept of it before I started on my own. So I think, this is what is called "Intuitive F2L". Figuring out on my own the twists and turns, where the pairs go, just like what you said a while ago. Learning f2l at first increased my time to at most 30 sec.. I then gradually improved when I thoroughly understood the f2l concept only cutting down my time to at least 15 sec. After that I couldn't get any faster. I got frustrated of knowing the fact that I haven't completely made up my lost times. JB then advised me to look for algs, so I did because I couldn't already figure out faster ways to do the pairs. So the algs really help a lot! ESPECIALLY when you have understood the concept underlying f2l. So looking at algs was not like memorizing already, more like a greater learning of the f2l concept. So I didn't have hard time learning the algs because I already learned f2l 'intuitively', or what they say it is. So when I learned the algs I found out more economically ways, and not so economically ways to do the pairing (when I say economically, I meant about time and movement).

On my continuing journey for speed, I kept reconfiguring my algs for f2l, finding alternatives. Especially when I finally and permanently broke the sub20 barrier, I redid all my f2l, I focused more on less face changing.

That's all!
Thanks for reading all of it. Smile
MetaboringJohnCañares
MetaboringJohnCañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metaboringjohn/

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaboringJohnCañares Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:04 am

jolly86 wrote:haha! u guys are of the same places ah?! nakakainggit dami nyong a cubers.. ako dito parang nag - iisa lng. >.< siguro pag sub 40 na ako tapos nakita nila ako magsolve gaganahan na sila mag speed cube, gus2 kasi nila basic solving lng.hehe

Medyo ganyan d2 sa Cebu, parang kulang ng motivation. Mas worst pa don sa amin sa Iligan, Mindanao. Wala talagang motivation. Mad Although nag ggrow na unti2x dun, at ska d2. cheers
MetaboringJohnCañares
MetaboringJohnCañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metaboringjohn/

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:25 am

@metaboringJohnCañares - woah! very well said, i really can relate with it. as of right now I'm in the stage of practicing to what I understand. After that i'll try to thoroughly understand more and then I'll check on the algs available to polish my moves..

thanks a lot for the sharing and comments. I'm sure it will really be a help to most cubers here.. Keep on cubing! ^_^

Uu nga eh, but one thing i noticed here in zamboanga, most of them are not fond of it, not until they try. once a newbie will hold the cube and solve it, dun na nagsisimula.hehe next thing is tatanungin ka na.. "san ako pedeng bumili ng ganyan?[sabay smile]" hahaha Cube On!
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_talek Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:46 pm

keep it up bro.. lahat tyo dadan sa ganyang stage.. u wil experience soon pg nsa sub35 ka na ang bagal na ng progress prang hirap ng pababain tyms mo.. dami kmi dito gnun prob stuck na dun..ihihi!! sabi nila praktis lang ng praktis like wt ur doin now.... keep cubing!
crazy_talek
crazy_talek
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ares12 Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:57 pm

yep.. intuitve f2l muna.. then read the algos pra ma lessen ung moves na gagawin..
ares12
ares12
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:47 pm

woah! thanks talaga po sa replies. ang laki pong tulong nyan sa akin, uu sobra! your replies really helps me to cube more, especially experiences, suggestions, and comments... thanks guys! hope i can catch up, i'll go adik mode this coming vacation.hehe cheers
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roellien Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:08 pm

i just started cubing.., tinuro lang sakin ng mentor ko kung panu mag F2L, luckily d day after nakuha ko naman..., OLL en PLL n lang...
roellien
roellien
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jolly86 Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:13 pm

wow! roellien you have such talent! Go cubers!

we all have different experiences in learning but we all have one goal! SPEED! Awoo! ala - 300 ang effect!hahaha
jolly86
jolly86
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowestCuber Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:43 am

ahhehe nakita ko na ung vid nun nakaka ewan ahehe saulo ko na kasi lahat un sob^_^

SlowestCuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next