Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal for Guidelines for New topics

+14
j_kriz7
MetaboringJohnCañares
superken
luvllygaljen
marc_rendl
nyin
sanosuky09
openbox
jettyboy1
geocine
Lemuelzki
Jome
Jricle
benjediman
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Proposal for Guidelines for New topics Empty Proposal for Guidelines for New topics

Post by benjediman Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:48 pm

To everybody especially the mods and admin, i would like to propose to set up guidelines for new topics. it seems that people are confused as where to post there thread, if there's an existing thread, etc.

its not just how they should post, but what type of threads are they gonna start. if they want to talk about this, where should they post? things like that. the 3 categories are ok but sometimes even i get confused as to whether i should start the thread in this category or that. im not dumb, mind you, its just that sometimes its vague or whatnot.

also, here are some examples that bothers me:

title of thread: "TRU CUBE"
-what??! that's what i wanna know. do u wanna buy one, find one, eat one, line them up and shoot them? sometimes i want to know precisely what the topic talks about before i click em, coz sometimes i just get disappointed coz its not what im expecting

p.s. im not totally referring to any particular person thou

title: "Question po..."
-yes? what is it? sigh.. look. what if there were 2 topics having the exact same title, "QUESTION:". how would i find yours or mine without clicking both?

title: "How to get faster"
-ok. are you asking us how to get faster or are you gonna tell us how? its still vague, but thus far as you're "possibly" too lazy to type "?" then i would assume you mean the latter
-and btw, if you do mean that ur gonna tell us, then at least give us a hint what ur gonna teach, coz there could also be hundreds of similar topics like this

title: [censored]
-yeah. i assume someone died in your family? you won a million bucks? oh. you only hit the xx.xx barrier. is that enough to make your title obscene?

title: I WANT A/N XXXXXX!!!
-should i even bother

title: "Congratulations!"
-yeah! thank you! oops! its not for me.... you get what i mean? its not that bad as the others, but i prefer it be more specific

title: "my first xxxx"
-well, if you're the first one to post this kind of topic its ok. but if there are threads that generally is for this kind of topic, then post there and say that its your first. (yeah, im mainly referring to jnet, but others apply)

there's still more, but u get what i mean.

also to the admin and mod: it seems that the search engine is not efficient: i used it to search for a general term, i.e. "jnet" and yielded no result.

edit: i also move to delete obsolete topics bearing no significant information upon the judgment of the mod/ agreement of at least x numbers of people with valid reasons/ consent or request by the author.
or some other ways to clean up the forum

these are merely my comments. debatable, agreeable and/or refutable. what say you?
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Proposal for Guidelines for New topics Empty Re: Proposal for Guidelines for New topics

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:25 pm

The forum is now currently being updated. Forum categories will be reconfigured and many issues hopefully be fixed. As soon as this is done, there will be many restrictions such as some important post should be requested to admin otherwise deleted , to those with warning from admin and mod will be banned, etc.

Back to top Go down

Proposal for Guidelines for New topics Empty Re: Proposal for Guidelines for New topics

Post by Jricle Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:49 pm

unscarred1925 wrote:The forum is now currently being updated. Forum categories will be reconfigured and many issues hopefully be fixed. As soon as this is done, there will be many restrictions such as some important post should be requested to admin otherwise deleted , to those with warning from admin and mod will be banned, etc.

just askin'

why forum categories are reconfigured?
Jricle
Jricle
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2007-12-11

http://www.friendster.com/jricle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jome Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 pm

This is absolutely good news. I don't think this should be regarded as anything vain but being a member of a lot of forums, I think that each member who wants to create a personal thread must be given a chance to do so. This will lessen the clutter and stuff in the forums. This is where they will post their times and updates, etc.

I don't know if that is workable but from my experience in MTC and DP.com, I think it's a workable arrangement.

Hope the updates and fixes happen soon.
Jome
Jome
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-11-25

http://scarredpetal.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemuelzki Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:41 pm

yan buti nlng ganyan nah,,,

mas mgi2ng ok nah tau,,,

paulit-ulit nlng kc eh,,,

Good Job Guys,,,Very Happy:D:D:D
Lemuelzki
Lemuelzki
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by geocine Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:41 pm

I. ShowRoom

I suggest a section where people could post there times.. like "Showroom"???? because they are posting it on a section wherein it cannot help other people.. I also advice people to remove the smileys on their sessions by editing their posts, by padding spaces before the spaces and the parenthesis.

II. Cubing Photos
Photos posted on the photos section is a major pain for dial-up users. Why post an image with a resolution of 1000x1000? Its even off the broswer size. Why not make thumbnails of these photos so it'll be clickable and can be viewed on their full size outside this forum.

III. Rules and Regulations

Why not pin the rules and regulations on each subtopic of the forums. Or guidelines on posting for the specific sub forum.

IV. Topics / Threads.

Lock threads that are out of date. When a thread is locked that is the chance to start a new one if you feel your question is not answered in the particular thread. Pin threads that are very helpful and commonly asked by cubers in the forum. This is to avoid repeated questions.

V. Moderator Warnings.

Why do warnings by posting on the thread and tell the user its inappropriate. Just send them a message, after the third warning tally their warning countdown. I believe their is a warning percentage in a PHPBB forum, i guess we should use that.

VI. Off Topic Section.

Off topic posts should be pruned weekly. This post are not related to cubing and should be pruned weekly to maintain the cleanliness of the forums. A thread with over 1000 posts is just adding up to the precious database capacity alloted for this forum.

VII. Cubing Videos.

Guys, please edit your post after seeing those code brackets unparsed by the forums. The object tags are unparsed by the forums. If you would like to link a video just copy the embed tags.

VIII. Inactive Members.

Members with 0 posts should be deleted after a month.

IX. Feedback and Suggestions
Add this sub-forum so that we could post matters like this..

That's all for tonight.. im a bit tired going all through the changes that i would like to suggest..

cheers pca..
geocine
geocine
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:53 pm

thanks geocine! those are really nice suggestions.

about this though...
geocine wrote:
V. Moderator Warnings.

Why do warnings by posting on the thread and tell the user its inappropriate. Just send them a message, after the third warning tally their warning countdown. I believe their is a warning percentage in a PHPBB forum, i guess we should use that.

now i know that its only right that we private message people for warnings, i myself do not have the character to face up on a dude. but as people have known me and some others to post it in the thread, this is because, well for me personally, i think for now people would read those warnings and would act as public warnings. if PM were entirely used, then no one would know that it is frowned upon, except when they themselves have already created such wasteful topics and we have to PM them. its quite rampant for now, and i believe its necessary. but as things settle down, i then concur to adapt a more private type of warning people
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by geocine Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:06 am

I guess it would be, though warning a user 3 times in a post is like being under someone who is not even a moderator. I suggest warning them once on a public post the next will be messages. And the latter would be tallying until it reaches 100% down to total ban.
geocine
geocine
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jettyboy1 Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 am

benjediman wrote:To everybody especially the mods and admin, i would like to propose to set up guidelines for new topics. it seems that people are confused as where to post there thread, if there's an existing thread, etc.

its not just how they should post, but what type of threads are they gonna start. if they want to talk about this, where should they post? things like that. the 3 categories are ok but sometimes even i get confused as to whether i should start the thread in this category or that. im not dumb, mind you, its just that sometimes its vague or whatnot.

also, here are some examples that bothers me:

title of thread: "TRU CUBE"
-what??! that's what i wanna know. do u wanna buy one, find one, eat one, line them up and shoot them? sometimes i want to know precisely what the topic talks about before i click em, coz sometimes i just get disappointed coz its not what im expecting

p.s. im not totally referring to any particular person thou

title: "Question po..."
-yes? what is it? sigh.. look. what if there were 2 topics having the exact same title, "QUESTION:". how would i find yours or mine without clicking both?

title: "How to get faster"
-ok. are you asking us how to get faster or are you gonna tell us how? its still vague, but thus far as you're "possibly" too lazy to type "?" then i would assume you mean the latter
-and btw, if you do mean that ur gonna tell us, then at least give us a hint what ur gonna teach, coz there could also be hundreds of similar topics like this

title: [censored]
-yeah. i assume someone died in your family? you won a million bucks? oh. you only hit the xx.xx barrier. is that enough to make your title obscene?

title: I WANT A/N XXXXXX!!!
-should i even bother

title: "Congratulations!"
-yeah! thank you! oops! its not for me.... you get what i mean? its not that bad as the others, but i prefer it be more specific

title: "my first xxxx"
-well, if you're the first one to post this kind of topic its ok. but if there are threads that generally is for this kind of topic, then post there and say that its your first. (yeah, im mainly referring to jnet, but others apply)

there's still more, but u get what i mean.

also to the admin and mod: it seems that the search engine is not efficient: i used it to search for a general term, i.e. "jnet" and yielded no result.

edit: i also move to delete obsolete topics bearing no significant information upon the judgment of the mod/ agreement of at least x numbers of people with valid reasons/ consent or request by the author.
or some other ways to clean up the forum

these are merely my comments. debatable, agreeable and/or refutable. what say you?

I couldn't have said it better myself. i always feel like saying those things in the comments but then i'll be a bad role model.

I just want to say that i don't really like the new layout of the topics... why is MAIN on the bottom? it's pretty useful. and PCA competitions don't happen all the time so why is it at the top? and Cubing Discussion changed to Speedcubing? It's discussions on cubing!!! Speedcubing seems to be more of a narrow topic. and the description for speedcubing has 'news' which is supposed to be in news and spoilers? wth! gah. just my opinion.

oh and i always feel like swearing when people violate the rules.

oh oh, i think that the mods should state to use the search button, but it no topics are matched up then why don't the members FIND IT THEMSELVES. you know, go to through every page; don't be lazy >=(
i also feel that such easy answers such as 'how to lube' 'how to disassemble' etc. i think that the members here are getting lazier and lazier. us old timers, actually go to the web and check what to do. and what pisses me the most is when a member makes a thread and says can you gather this f2l for me or oll algs, pll algs. why can't they just search threads regarding them? or search for themselves?! geez.
jettyboy1
jettyboy1
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-07-09

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jettyboy1

Back to top Go down

Post by geocine Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:09 am

I just want to say that i don't really like the new layout of the topics... why is MAIN on the bottom? it's pretty useful. and PCA competitions don't happen all the time so why is it at the top? and Cubing Discussion changed to Speedcubing? It's discussions on cubing!!! Speedcubing seems to be more of a narrow topic. and the description for speedcubing has 'news' which is supposed to be in news and spoilers? wth! gah. just my opinion.

i was about to say exactly these.. haha
geocine
geocine
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by openbox Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:12 am

That's my point too @jettyboy1
openbox
openbox
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://yopapaps.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:53 pm

@jettyboy1: heheheh that is why its not finished yet man, you'll see them later and its not what you think it is. Its ok right now and only admin can view it but we are still updating though. About the categories, as I said its not finished yet. Its format will be similar to other cubing forums.
About the Moderator Warning, hehehehe, if you read the rules and regulations very closely its there actually. Warning should be given first thru PM.
Bottomline, spare us the time to update the forum, its not that easy and of course very time consuming.
W8 lang ok! lolz!

Back to top Go down

Post by sanosuky09 Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 pm

tama si jonathan! relax lang tayo guys.. anyways, ano naman kung marami na yung mga insignificant post dito? what i mean is that all we have to do is report it and the admin and moderators will do what they got to do... and we cant do anything if people posting here are not responsibe enough on their posts.. pls understand them (admin and moderators) because they have other things to do aside from maitaining this site.. thus, we must be thankful that these guys are very patient and hardworking enough to maintain this site..

if still your not satisfied, then make another site similar to this one and see for yourself how hard and time consuming this may be... hehehehe.. peace out!
sanosuky09
sanosuky09
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by geocine Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:16 pm

@sanosuky09

We are not here to brag about admins and mods to do their work. We give suggestions that could possibly help the mods on how to ease the forum problem. Then if you see this as a complain, I can't do anything about that, been there done that.
geocine
geocine
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nyin Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:13 am

i suggest we delete insignificant unanswered posts that are older than 3 months? if they were unnoticed in that time period, it means no one was interested. diba? gusto ko lang kasing linisin ang clutter ng forums..

i do warn other members thru pm. parang nakakhiya kasi for me and for them na masita in full view of everyone..

today i changed some vagued titles to clearer ones.. titles like question or need help.. have been changed and/ or merged to similar topics..

kaso ang sakit sa ulo.. ang dame..
nyin
nyin
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://www.nyin.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_rendl Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:49 pm

geocine wrote:
VIII. Inactive Members.

Members with 0 posts should be deleted after a month.

"0 TOTAL posts" or "0 post in a month?"

i think the time interval should be 2 months... since not all people are as frequent to post as senior members...
marc_rendl
marc_rendl
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by geocine Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:59 am

0 total post...
geocine
geocine
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luvllygaljen Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:12 am

uhm, how bout a thread named "LIST OF VIOLATORS"
under that thread, ilalagay ung name/username nung violator at ung violation niya... para, if ever man na mabasa ng ibang members at newbies, maging aware ang karamihan kung mali ba o tama ung mga posts nila.. Very Happy
luvllygaljen
luvllygaljen
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female
Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://www.luvlygaljen.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superken Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:53 am

nyin wrote:i suggest we delete insignificant unanswered posts that are older than 3 months? if they were unnoticed in that time period, it means no one was interested. diba? gusto ko lang kasing linisin ang clutter ng forums..

i do warn other members thru pm. parang nakakhiya kasi for me and for them na masita in full view of everyone..

today i changed some vagued titles to clearer ones.. titles like question or need help.. have been changed and/ or merged to similar topics..

agree! nice work ate lyn. go chomp those spammers. wuhoo.
superken
superken
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2007-11-25

http://awoofawoof.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaboringJohnCañares Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:00 am

nyin wrote:i suggest we delete insignificant unanswered posts that are older than 3 months? if they were unnoticed in that time period, it means no one was interested. diba? gusto ko lang kasing linisin ang clutter ng forums..

Maybe I can help with all your trouble Lyn.
MetaboringJohnCañares
MetaboringJohnCañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 722

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metaboringjohn/

Back to top Go down

Post by nyin Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Thanks John.

kaso im confused how to classify other topics or whether or not to delete certain topics.

I Suggest all moderators should have a conference to finalize structure and discuss which posts are allowed or not. We can also add to the rules or make them more specific for everyone's ease ;D

Last edited by on Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
nyin
nyin
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaboringJohnCañares Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Lets have a yahoo conference this Sunday, all moderators. And we need Jonathan to help us with this.
MetaboringJohnCañares
MetaboringJohnCañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 722

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metaboringjohn/

Back to top Go down

Post by nyin Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:05 pm

Noted. Around 9pm?
Other mods pls confirm if you can attend Very Happy
nyin
nyin
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by j_kriz7 Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:44 am

nyin wrote:Noted. Around 9pm?
Other mods pls confirm if you can attend Very Happy

9pm this coming sunday? Ok, I can attend Ate Wink

Just PM us for any changes on the sched or something,
Thanks
j_kriz7
j_kriz7
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-09-15

http://affiliate.kickapps.com/kickapps/service/displayKickPlace.

Back to top Go down

Post by van21691 Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am

We should have the
How to: topic, in these topic there will be a sub topic on
How to lube a cube, which lester have posted, and a How to, which was lester also posted, etc etc
van21691
van21691
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2007-06-29

http://www4.pcriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next