Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ice breaker!!! digmaan ng isip..=)

+35
ckyro
lenin
lein14
igiul
phatj
superton2
jaysonwiz
rubikrubik
xiphuscube
wala258
makoy_071394
neonblues
joseph24
popoy
terisiare121
benjediman
papplazy
ronyu02
karita
topois
eaU^
Jome
ares12
ren666
superken
sandman
joule02
kingpsyzor
azywerkz
xpoiled7
Zeinest815
MaZtR HaXoR
luvllygaljen
vicente
rodel_0521
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ice breaker!!! digmaan ng isip..=) - Page 3 Empty Re: ice breaker!!! digmaan ng isip..=)

Post by benjediman Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 pm

@ronyu:

switch on 2 of th lights on. after a while, turn 1 of them off. after another while, turn the last one off. go to the room. you should be able to tell all of em apart by the temperature of the glass of the bulbs.

Here are my criticism of the questions:P :

COIN: Yes, if the coin was dated as "X B.C." it will be a hoax because Christ was not born yet. Another counter-argument could be the fact that at that time English was far from being invented.

And to counter Neil's comment that 2 A.D. still can be a possibility, it cannot. The simple fact that Christ is not well known until His 30's can already be a good counter to this, even though A.D. is Latin and is widely used back then.

BEAR: True. But what is not clearly specified is if the direction stated is in accordance to magnetic directions or in the "true absolute direction". Magnetic directions comply with the answer. the absolute directions will still lead you to 1 km away from the starting point.

MAGIC: Another answer to suit "black" and "magic" better: strong magnets?
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

ice breaker!!! digmaan ng isip..=) - Page 3 Empty Re: ice breaker!!! digmaan ng isip..=)

Post by papplazy Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 pm

Hmm...benjediman just gave me an idea,
Remember when old folks used to tell us "Wag mo paglaruan yang ilaw, baka mapundi" what if...you repeatedly switch one light on and off hanggang magsisimula na siyang mapundi. When this happens, the light will blink on its own. Turn one light on and leave the last one off and go to the room.

Or...another take on this question...similar to benjediman's but less switching is needed.

Switch on 1 light a leave it there for a fair amount of time. Switch it off after a couple of minutes or so, as soon as you switch of that one switch on another one and run to the other room. You now have 3 different bulbs with 3 different characteristics,one is lit, one is not but is not warm, and the other is not but has a fair amount of heat in it. then you just have to use common sense to identify which switch belongs to which bulb

Tama na ba?
papplazy
papplazy
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rodel_0521 Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:33 am

yup tama na un for sure..
rodel_0521
rodel_0521
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ronyu02 Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:55 am

papplazy, daya nun ah! Hehe.

Tama na yung logic ni benjediman, but here's the simpler "official" solution:

Turn switch 1 on for a few minutes then turn it off.
Turn switch 2 on. Enter the next room.

Switch 1 = warm unlit bulb
Switch 2 = lit bulb
Switch 3 = cool unlit bulb

That way, isang level of heat na lang proproblemahin mo.
ronyu02
ronyu02
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by rodel_0521 Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:07 am

eto akin..

What if may nakita kang babaeng nakabigti sa iyong kwarto at nakita mong basa ang sahig..Malawak ang iyong kwarto at wala syang pwedeng tungtungan sa dingding..Nagmasid ka sa paligid at wala kang nakitang kahit anong bagay na pwedeng tungtungan ang babae para makapagbigti..

Question: Paano nakapagbigti ang babae?
rodel_0521
rodel_0521
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rodel_0521 Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:08 am

pasok na muna ko..

pagbalik ko kelangan may tamang sagot n ah..

gtg..=)
rodel_0521
rodel_0521
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by joule02 Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 am

@rodel_0521 -- ice po tama ba?
joule02
joule02
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by eaU^ Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:52 am

tama ice yan....
eaU^
eaU^
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeinest815 Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:50 pm

benjediman wrote:@ronyu:

switch on 2 of th lights on. after a while, turn 1 of them off. after another while, turn the last one off. go to the room. you should be able to tell all of em apart by the temperature of the glass of the bulbs.

Here are my criticism of the questions:P :

COIN: Yes, if the coin was dated as "X B.C." it will be a hoax because Christ was not born yet. Another counter-argument could be the fact that at that time English was far from being invented.

And to counter Neil's comment that 2 A.D. still can be a possibility, it cannot. The simple fact that Christ is not well known until His 30's can already be a good counter to this, even though A.D. is Latin and is widely used back then.

BEAR: True. But what is not clearly specified is if the direction stated is in accordance to magnetic directions or in the "true absolute direction". Magnetic directions comply with the answer. the absolute directions will still lead you to 1 km away from the starting point.

MAGIC: Another answer to suit "black" and "magic" better: strong magnets?

di ako nagcomment na pede ang AD. hahaha anyway. saya ng thread na ito. btw, may nabasa nga akong book (tungkol sa heuristics ata iyon) na marami nga talgang solution ung hunter bear problem. cheers
Zeinest815
Zeinest815
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by terisiare121 Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:00 pm

There are 3 types of people living on an island, who look exactly the same, Yohns, Wishi, and Naal. The Naal always lie, the Yohns always tell the truth and the Wishi always alternate between telling the truth and telling lies. You are trying to get to (Insert Town/Street/Destination Name Here), You may ask 3 questions, what are they?

If you already know this problem, don't answer.

terisiare121
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:04 pm

@Neil:
really? Razz sorry haha! ngkamali ata ng basa Razz peace:D
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Back to top Go down

Post by papplazy Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:46 pm

Wait, before I answer...Distinguishable ba sila? Alam mo ba kung sino yung taga Yohns, taga Wishi at Naal just by looking at them?
papplazy
papplazy
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeinest815 Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:03 pm

benjediman wrote:@Neil:
really? Razz sorry haha! ngkamali ata ng basa Razz peace:D

no problem cheers
Zeinest815
Zeinest815
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:16 pm

he said that they look exactly the same, so we couldn't tell. we have to devise our questions so that it can apply to all situations
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Back to top Go down

Post by papplazy Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Oops..sorry di ko nabasa. I'm still thinking...hmmm

EDIT: May sagot na ko

I would pick one guy at random and point to one of the roads and ask "Would a Wishi always say that this is the road to X?". Then I would ask the same question a second time.

A Yohn will answer "no" twice.
A Naal will answer "yes" twice.
A Wishi will answer "yes" once and "no" once. The next answer I get from this guy will be true or a lie depending on the order in which he said "yes" and "no".

The third question will be "Is this the road to X?" and based on the answers to the first two questions, I will know if the answer I get is true.

Then I take either road I please as all roads lead to X.

Tama ba?
papplazy
papplazy
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 pm

haha Smile im sorry papplazy, but i know where you got your answer.

which leads me to my next conclusion: terisiare, i know where you got your question.

I want to criticize (again)

papplazy's answer ASSUMES that there are only 2 roads. this is not within the premise/question. it can be possible that there are multiple roads.

but then, im not quite sure IF having multiple roads will still lead to a definite conclusion. remember, the girl who asked the original question (find it in google) said she is only restating the question probably given to them as a quiz. she may or may not remember if there really stated that there are multiple roads or only 2 definite roads.

if there are multiple roads, however, then im quite sure that the goal for the first 2 questions must be to find out who is the Yohn (truth-sayer), then for the 3rd question to ask the real direction.
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Back to top Go down

Post by ronyu02 Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:01 am

I don't have the solution (yet?) pero I think irrelevant yung number of roads. The final question (which you will ask the truth-teller once you figure out which one he is) could simply be "Which is the correct road to x?".

(Yeah, like what benjediman said Very Happy)
ronyu02
ronyu02
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by terisiare121 Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:57 pm

XD Yeah that does look like the answer from where I got that version of the puzzle. I first encountered it from my classmate who was given the puzzle during one of his AMO practices (Ateneo Math Olympiad).

terisiare121
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sandman Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:16 pm

kailangan ba tlaga 3 ung question mo?
kci e di tanungin mo cla "tao ka ba?"
kapag cnabi nia "opo' eh di xa ung tama
kapag"hindi po" xa ung cnungaling
kapag "opo, ay hindi pla" xa ung schizo(tip: tanungin mo xa ng 2 beses)

tapos pag alam mu na kung cno cla tsaka mu tanungin ung tama
"pano po ba magpunta sa quiapo? mura daw rubik's dun eh?"

sana tama ako.......
sandman
sandman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by rodel_0521 Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:33 pm

yup..but it has only the same concept o n what benjediman said..

pano mu malalaman kung sya nga yung schizo?hehe..
you have to ask the three of them to identify who's the one who tells the truth..

Then saka mu sya tanungin, "Pare, ilan ba ang butas ng sky flakes?...
rodel_0521
rodel_0521
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rodel_0521 Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:40 pm

eto..madali lang..

May dalawang kabayo na pinanganak sa parehong oras, araw at lugar..(meaning pareho sila ng birthday)..

Then nang lumaki na ang dalawang kabayo, nagsarili sila at naglakbay saan mang lupalop ng mundo gustuhin nilang pumunta..

Isang araw, sabay namatay ang dalawang kabayo pero nung namatay sila, hindi sila magkasing-edad..

Paano nangyari iyon?
rodel_0521
rodel_0521
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:29 am

space time relativity, where the individual who always moved about more than the other will be younger than the individual who made less travels?
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Back to top Go down

Post by ren666 Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:09 am

sa outer space nag lakbay ung isang kabayo
ren666
ren666
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by eaU^ Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:49 am

hmm.. dhil siguro nag lakbay silng dalawa kung saan saan kea sila d magkasabay ng edad nung namatay.. pero sabay silang namatay..

parang ganito kabayo 1 namatay nung dec 31
then ung horse 2 nmatay jan 1 ng yari ito kasi magkahiwalay na sila at napunta sila sa magkakalayong bansa kung saan gn time distance ay malaki..

i think e2 sagot..sana tama "cross finger"
eaU^
eaU^
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by popoy Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:14 am

horse 1

nasa other side ng international date line kung saan kakastart pa lang ng bday nia

horse 2

malamang sa kabilang side dn kung saan magbibirthday pa lang xa.. kaso namatay.

wala lang ^^ tama ba?
popoy
popoy
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum