Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cube Engineering: Quest for the Perfect Cube Mechanism

5 posters

Go down

Cube Engineering: Quest for the Perfect Cube Mechanism Empty Cube Engineering: Quest for the Perfect Cube Mechanism

Post by Syalang Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:13 pm

Hi guys! I just want to tell you that im recently having a past time of experimenting in order to attain different cube facts and especially its mechanism...

With the use of basic facts about the springs, lube, core and etc, soon i will apply them and record results...

i hope you will contribute by posting your ideas about cube mechanisms..

well.... this study of mine has the main purpose of solving most of the cubers prob which is to achieve the perfect cube...

im sorry if i can hardly post the results coz im under the stage of adjustment in college life...

GB to me...

Expect ako ng help nyo.. its for our own good.. hmmm...
Syalang
Syalang
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1178
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Cube Engineering: Quest for the Perfect Cube Mechanism Empty Re: Cube Engineering: Quest for the Perfect Cube Mechanism

Post by dijae Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:37 pm

hmm.. for me.. if someone could just combine the smoothness of DS - from the screws and springs, with the corner cuts of DIY type A-from the nylon core and plastics, with a cube that never pops and with the mech of V cubes.. cguro un ang maganda.
dijae
dijae
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2008-01-15

http://profiles.friendster.com/dijaedijay

Back to top Go down

Cube Engineering: Quest for the Perfect Cube Mechanism Empty Re: Cube Engineering: Quest for the Perfect Cube Mechanism

Post by wawaivory3415 Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:23 pm

I agree with the previous poster.
wawaivory3415
wawaivory3415
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jolo_mat2008 Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:03 pm

uhm..for me..to achieve the smoothest cube..

(this is just an idea..inspired from the maglev(magnetic levitation) train) i think maglev trains are the fastest trains around since naglelevitate ang mismong body ng train and no part of the actual train touches the rails..so ..zero friction.

i know some people have tried to used magnets to hold the cube together..(i.e. the cube made of dice and little magnets)..if magnets can be used to hold the cubies together..why not try to use magnets to separate them from each other? i know it seems hard..even impossible..but imagine..magnets inside a cube piece will repel magnets inside other cubies..therefore creating a small spacing between the cubies..(half or one fourth of a millimeter will do)..getting that tiny space between the cubies will definitely reduce friction..nd na kelangan ng lube..plus..i think corner cutting will be much easier..BUT..the downside is..baka maging popper ang cube..and..probably much harder to control..but who knows..di natin malalaman hanggang walang nakakagawa..haha..Smile
jolo_mat2008
jolo_mat2008
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by luk Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:47 am

nasa tamang adjustment lng talaga at tamang lube and plastic at pagka fit ng cube... tsk tsk.. wala akng scientific chu-chu stuff...hahaha

@jolo_mat2008
magnets??..haha.. d ko naisip un..hehe
luk
luk
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down