Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. speedcubing film project

2 posters

Go down

U.S. speedcubing film project Empty U.S. speedcubing film project

Post by Sachi Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:01 am

Hello. My name is Sachi. I am a senior at Colgate University in New York. I am writing for everyone's feedback on a speedcubing film project that I am planning. Two summers ago (summer 2006), I directed a fifteen minute documentary film about speedcubing in California's San Francisco area. The documentary was quite successful--it featured Lars Petrus and Dan Dzoan, among other cubers, and it played at the South By Southwest and Tribeca film festivals. (more at westsidefilm.com/films2006.php)

Right now, I am applying for a $28,000 fellowship granted to graduating seniors, for independent exploration and travel on a topic of your interest outside the U.S. I am proposing to expand my short documentary, travelling abroad (Asia, Europe, perhaps Australia, and perhaps South America) meeting & interviewing speedcubers, attending national & international competitions, filming as much as I can, and volunteering in local communities as well.

As I prepare my project proposal, I am trying to make contacts abroad (Philippines included) and reinforce the feasibility of my international project. I didn't know how to contact the creators of this forum or the leaders of the Philippine Cubers Association, so I am posting on the forum (please let me know if you know how I can contact them). I am wondering if anyone in the Philippine Cubers Association would be interested in helping me, by serving as a Canadian contact and resource and/or by answering a few questions. One question I have now is in regards to your 2009 competitions. Since I'm not graduating until June, my project abroad would not begin until the summer of 2009. I'm trying to plan out my potential travels, but it seems that no competitions are scheduled yet for 2009. Do you have any idea who schedules them and when they might know approximate dates?

Thanks for your time and help. PLEASE RESPOND! I can't wait to hear from you!

Sachi

Sachi
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

U.S. speedcubing film project Empty Re: U.S. speedcubing film project

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:46 am

i contacted the moderators about this matter...

there are still only FIVE members of Philippine Cuber's Association, and most of the members in this forum are not members...

feel free to ask us anything..
but I think it is better if you ask the PCA members...
because they are also the organizer in competitions...

https://pinoyspeedcubers.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=77&sid=1f6f0f6c387b6ab824b62d8489627282

Goodluck
happy cubing! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by jbcañares Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:36 am

Hi,

I'm one of the founders of the Philippine Cubers Association(PCA) and a member of the PCA board. How can I help you?

JB

Please do visit the official PCA website:

www.philippinecubersassociation.org
jbcañares
jbcañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Back to top Go down