Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

memorization shifiting

2 posters

Go down

memorization shifiting Empty memorization shifiting

Post by isaganiesteron Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:52 pm

i switched memo techniques from my own "each piece is two letters" technique to a redueced PAO system where in each cube has a name and action.. remembering three cycle where the name does the action to another name.. it is very very effective for me as it is *way* easier to remember! it even only takes me just one cycle of memorization as opposed around five with my old technique.. i guess with this one what i am memorizing is more relevant rather than some random string of letters! oh, i am going to join the pleasantville open 2007 next week! wich me luck! ahahah! first competition here i come!!! bwauhahaha!
isaganiesteron
isaganiesteron
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://pinoycubed.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

memorization shifiting Empty Re: memorization shifiting

Post by pajodaep Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:54 pm

What does PAO mean? do you have a link for that? i'm quite interested coz my memo method for the edges is a little bit similar to your description above. I still use the 'each piece is 2 letters' but what i do is that one letter is a name of an animal/person while the other letter is an action. so for example, I remember my C/D edge cubie as Cat/Dance edge. So, if i do a sequence of letters, i generate a story. And yeah, memorization is really really. in just one run, i can remember the sequence.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:51 pm

oh wow, thanks man. i never imagined that after getting this PAO system idea from you, i would be using this as my memo method. I researched on the PAO and learned that it means (person, action, object) which means that for every edge, i give it a name of a person, action, and an object. i'm getting consistent sub-5mins using the PAO system even if i am just using the piece by piece method. takes me around 2 minutes to memorize and a little more than 2 minutes to execute.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down