Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I really have to memorize all OLL and PLL algos.?

+23
MetaboringJohnCañares
Jricle
marc_rendl
Jonathan M. Tipay
benjediman
triskaidekaphobia
jincronics_07
Intel``
korokok
magicsquares
haZZknightZ
rommeL28
rubikscuberofsmac
seventh_plug
hopelessvain
isaganiesteron
greatauror28
pajodaep
craxmile
geocine
mrvivi80
n6i1c9o
ares12
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do I really have to memorize all OLL and PLL algos.? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do I really have to memorize all OLL and PLL algos.?

Post by ares12 Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:56 pm

G perm pa lang mine-memorize ko ngaun naguguluhan na ko.. di ko ma-classify.. T_T
ares12
ares12
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Do I really have to memorize all OLL and PLL algos.? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do I really have to memorize all OLL and PLL algos.?

Post by magicsquares Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:08 pm

Madali lang ang G-perm.... Punta ka sa cubewhiz.com tapos click mo PLL sa left side meron siya comments about sa recognition ng mga PLL cases

magicsquares
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by hopelessvain Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:18 pm

madali lng yung G-perms.
hopelessvain
hopelessvain
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ares12 Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:18 pm

kk.. im now browsing it..
ares12
ares12
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by korokok Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:41 pm

hi... new member lng po...
i luv the site and all the advices...
salamat sa mga bumuo na toh...
i've been cubing for a week and 2 days now...
i've switched to fridrich and memorized 15 OLL's already...
Cross and F2L is just pure intuition...
i don't get what you're saying about memorizing a single OLL a day..
well...
here's just what i did...
i just switched yesterday from beginner method to fridrich...
and i memorized the OLL algo's by W.S.D method
which means...
W-rite
S-ay
D-o
my teacher told me when memorizing, doing multiple actions for one thing increase memorization by 10%...
well... that worked for me...
it may not work for other's since i'm not God to always be right..
i just dont get the concept of memorizing 1-2 algos a day...

korokok
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Intel`` Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:22 pm

isaganiesteron wrote:
ares12 wrote:is there some other easier way?. lol!

yes there is, i have devised my own method.. you don't have to memorize algorithms with this.. its called assemble-disassemble method.. some people here know of this method already.. its very very effective...

makaka sub60 ka sa method na yan. hihih

Intel``
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jincronics_07 Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 pm

kung gsto m tlga bmls you hve 2 memorize fridrich method(CFOP)..Smile
jincronics_07
jincronics_07
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 883
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by triskaidekaphobia Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:29 pm

uhmmm..you can try to learn LL of petrus, mga tatlo lang cguro kailangan mo. pero ayun nga, babagal ka naman.....petrusian kasi ako eh...hehehe...pero nag.aaral na ako ng PLL ng fridrich...at ayun nga...1 - 2 algos a day....
triskaidekaphobia
triskaidekaphobia
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:46 pm

@korokok:

Yes, it is very possible to memorize many algorithms in a single day. But what 1OLL-1DAY is trying to achieve is total mastery of each algorithm before moving on to the next, meaning, you will be able to execute that algorithm without thinking, and just as fast as you normally would. its like, by the end of the day, you will feel like you've been using that algorithm for the longest time, and its already a part of you.
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by korokok Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:15 am

@benjediman

oh... ok...
it's just been my habit in memorizing in school...
anyway.. thx for the clarification...
and I hope my "Incorporating as much senses as possible" tip helps.

korokok
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan M. Tipay Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:58 am

OLL and PLL are needed to utilize the maximum power of CFOP. But the real secret of Fridrich lies in the mastery of the F2L.
Jonathan M. Tipay
Jonathan M. Tipay
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_rendl Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:46 pm

yes bro.. you have to do a lot of memorization if your chosen method in speedcubing is fridrich's. there are other methods that can minimize the number of algorithms such as petrus' method or heise's method (where no memorization is required, but you have to read the general laws of the cube and some knowledge on conjugates and commutators).. but the dominant method today is the one you've been contemplating on right now. fridrich's method is known for it's simplicity in its approach (layer by layer) and easy execution of algorithms.. another advantge of this method is that some even derived new methods from this method (ex. COLL, multislotting, empty slot).. lastly, this method can also be used in big cubes such as 4x4x4 and 5x5x5.

bottom line: fridrich's method is one of the best methods... no pain no gain... you have to LOVE memorizing them...
marc_rendl
marc_rendl
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jricle Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:20 pm

you don't need to memorize, just familiarize it.
Jricle
Jricle
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2007-12-11

http://www.friendster.com/jricle

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaboringJohnCañares Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Jonathan M. Tipay wrote:OLL and PLL are needed to utilize the maximum power of CFOP. But the real secret of Fridrich lies in the mastery of the F2L.
Tama ka dyan bro. You really need to understand the ongoings within F2L. The search for the most economic therefore fastest way to execute.
MetaboringJohnCañares
MetaboringJohnCañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metaboringjohn/

Back to top Go down

Post by joemar135 Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:53 pm

2 OLL algo per day!!! dats my daily habit!!!hehehe
joemar135
joemar135
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2007-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by phatj Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:09 pm

ako din parang nakaka discourage.. but talaga need some practice lang talaga..
phatj
phatj
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by wawell24 Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:48 pm

yan din prob ko..wahaha..pero ngeon sinasanay ko muna f2l..
wawell24
wawell24
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://harold24.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by babycherles15 Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:43 pm

...ung pll dapat memorize m lahat at ing oll naman sa sobrang dami nun mahirap kabisadohin pag nahihirapan ka memorize m muna ung mga posibilities sa cross ilan lang un pereo okie na rin gawa ka lang ng cross tapos un na oll. . . then memo ka ng kahit 3 lang bawat araw pero dapat lagi mo xang inuulit2 para di mo makalimutan^_^ di mo mamalayan kabisado m na pala laht. . . akin nga dinikit q ung mga copy ng mga oll algs sa mga ding2 ng kwarto at bed q para kahit saan nakikita q^_^ hehe ayos ba. . .
babycherles15
babycherles15
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2