Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning F2L - Intuitive or memorize algorithms?

+8
Mr.Prince_X06
thirdrecords
jbcañares
supercuber
tungkel_08
jolo_mat2008
omarismyname
MagnetiX
12 posters

Go down

Learning F2L - Intuitive or memorize algorithms? Empty Learning F2L - Intuitive or memorize algorithms?

Post by MagnetiX Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:55 am

Hey guys.

Well, It's about 3 AM right now and I've been awake all night trying to study and learn every F2L algorithm, but it kinda dawned on me that maybe I should just try to learn F2L intuitively. I know learning F2L can be done both intuitively and memorized, so I guess I'll take the none-memorizing route bounce

Anyways, I made a video about it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vQnz07ssg0

So, what about you guys? Intuitive or learning the algorithms?
MagnetiX
MagnetiX
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-03

http://www.Myspace.com/MagnetiX

Back to top Go down

Learning F2L - Intuitive or memorize algorithms? Empty Re: Learning F2L - Intuitive or memorize algorithms?

Post by omarismyname Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:22 am

you dont actually need to memorize the basic f2l algs, just go through them and understand the concept, muscle memory will automatically develop through time. also, always take advantage of empty slots. i also suggest learning advanced f2l for some nuisance cases
omarismyname
omarismyname
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Learning F2L - Intuitive or memorize algorithms? Empty Re: Learning F2L - Intuitive or memorize algorithms?

Post by jolo_mat2008 Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 am

you can do it intuitively..then afterwards..pag may mga gusto kang palitan na algos mo..then learn some algorithms..like ung nangyari skin..intuitive ako hanggang magsub25..then i realized masyadong mahaba ung ilang algos k..so i changed them..madali lang naman intindihin ung algos ng f2l..kasi intuitive din naman yun..observe mo lang kung anong nangyayari sa cubies while executing the alg..then of course..try to execute f2l algs in all angles..Smile

(if you can't understand tagalog..then imma edit this later..i'm not in the mood to type in english kasi..)

Last edited by jolo_mat2008 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
jolo_mat2008
jolo_mat2008
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by tungkel_08 Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:46 am

ahmmm at first maybe it's good if you use intuitive.

then after that try some of the algorithms that are easier to execute than on the one you made.then practice again and again.until your muscles are executing it automatically. you don't need to memorize.just practice it and your muscles will automatically do it if you see that case.

@jolo_mat pre english speaking toh eh.nakita q ung video nya hehehe.baka ndi marunong magtagalog hehehehe.
tungkel_08
tungkel_08
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by supercuber Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:49 am

They say learning intuitive f2l is easy. But I directly memorize the algorithms of f2l because I dont even know then that theirs a inuitive f2l...

But I think its better to study f2l algorithms but its hard...
Just need patience....
supercuber
supercuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jbcañares Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:59 am

Intuitive F2L is for advance cubers. You have to first understand F2L algorithms then go intuitive after wards.
jbcañares
jbcañares
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnetiX Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:40 am

omarismyname wrote:you dont actually need to memorize the basic f2l algs, just go through them and understand the concept, muscle memory will automatically develop through time. also, always take advantage of empty slots. i also suggest learning advanced f2l for some nuisance cases

I think the hardest time I have with F2L is really those "nuisance cases".
I always end up panicking when I look at the top corners and look for matching pairs, only to find out it's side by side, but backwards. Then I'm like ahhhh...and yeah...

jolo_mat2008 wrote:you can do it intuitively..then afterwards..pag may mga gusto kang palitan na algos mo..then learn some algorithms..like ung nangyari skin..intuitive ako hanggang magsub25..then i realized masyadong mahaba ung ilang algos k..so i changed them..madali lang naman intindihin ung algos ng f2l..kasi intuitive din naman yun..observe mo lang kung anong nangyayari sa cubies while executing the alg..then of course..try to execute f2l algs in all angles..Smile

(if you can't understand tagalog..then imma edit this later..i'm not in the mood to type in english kasi..)

tungkel_08 wrote:ahmmm at first maybe it's good if you use intuitive.

then after that try some of the algorithms that are easier to execute than on the one you made.then practice again and again.until your muscles are executing it automatically. you don't need to memorize.just practice it and your muscles will automatically do it if you see that case.

@jolo_mat pre english speaking toh eh.nakita q ung video nya hehehe.baka ndi marunong magtagalog hehehehe.

Hehe, no worries, I can understand Tagalog and Visaya...I just don't speak them because I sound like an idiot when I try to speak.
Anyways, I know after looking at the F2L chart, about 3/4 of them are real easy and just obvious, but then there's the stupid ones that are ridiculous...and I guess those are the ones I need to work on.

I downloaded and printed out Nakaji's F2L but um...it printed out wrong, so I need to reprint it again Crying or Very sad

supercuber wrote:They say learning intuitive f2l is easy. But I directly memorize the algorithms of f2l because I dont even know then that theirs a inuitive f2l...

But I think its better to study f2l algorithms but its hard...
Just need patience....

jbcañares wrote:Intuitive F2L is for advance cubers. You have to first understand F2L algorithms then go intuitive after wards.

Yeah, I am definitely by no means an advanced cuber, but I think I understand the basic F2L algorithms...it's just that I can't memorize them properly Crying or Very sad Which is why I'm taking this route and hopefully it'll work out for me in the long run...but if not, well, I guess it's best to just learn the algorithms, and I think by then, I should already have a full grasp on the F2L basics, so it sounds good...I think.
MagnetiX
MagnetiX
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-03

http://www.Myspace.com/MagnetiX

Back to top Go down

Post by thirdrecords Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:00 pm

@Magnetix

i have a couple of slow solving videos in my youtube channel you can visit them and take a look on some of the algs I am using.

here's my channel:

youtube.com/thirdrecords

hope it helps Wink
thirdrecords
thirdrecords
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-03-29

http://friendster.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Prince_X06 Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 pm

learn intuitively then try to make the algorithms your guide for learning more. And also try to watch how top cubers do their f2ls. This is what I do..^^ and now I'm fast in f2l but still slow in cross and some of the LL.
Mr.Prince_X06
Mr.Prince_X06
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2007-12-17

http://www.friendster.com/mrprince10

Back to top Go down

Post by ainhee22 Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:15 pm

my nbsa akong site i think d2 ko ata nkta un. they say that learning intuitive f2l makes your times slower unlike learning it by memorizing the algo pero ako start ako sa intuitive and now nkka sub30 ako hehe just practive look ahead buddy Very Happy

ainhee22
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Syalang Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:28 pm

do it intuitivly... then try to watch F2l algorithms and compare it to ur intuitive algs... den try to apply the better one... u dont really have to memorize, its more on comprehension and analysis in weighing better options
Syalang
Syalang
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1178
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lorcan Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:04 pm

ako kc inutuitive nung una

pero nung nkta ko ung ibang f2l patern

me mga case na mrming solution at mgnda ung finger tricks

hay naun lng ulit ako nka online
lorcan
lorcan
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jhameel_killua03 Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:17 pm

ako po..... intuitive ako nagsimula sa F2L ko eh... tapos yung ibang medyo nahahabaan ako na algos nag mememo ako ng konting algos...

good luck....
jhameel_killua03
jhameel_killua03
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down