Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will matyas kuti ever publish his blindfold method?

+23
jincronics_07
jhew
jbcañares
joseph24
pancho86
kenoidz
greatauror28
haZZknightZ
ynajatrice
marc_rendl
third-AUDISTA
jerjero
Brian Nicole Uy
hopelessvain
hyfly
van21691
isaganiesteron
SlowestCuber
benjediman
cmdsaved
ares12
magicsquares
pajodaep
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

will matyas kuti ever publish his blindfold method? Empty will matyas kuti ever publish his blindfold method?

Post by pajodaep Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:38 pm

i'm just wondering, will matyas kuti ever publish his blindfold method...? i've been reading the forums in speedsolving.com and i learned that other cubers are persuading matyas to publish his method. matyas has been really quiet about his blindfold techniques. i'm guessing he's also using the 3-cycle but it's his memo technique that's really intriguing. he memorizes in only less than 15 seconds.
anyway, i got my first successful solve today using the 3-cycle after the 20nth attempt. it took me a long time coz i was just starting to learn it. benjedimen, you're right, macky's site is still the best for the 3-cycle and the fastest method for the blindfold. it looks hard at first but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to follow. i've also had my blindfold longest success streak of 8 cubes today with times ranging from 5-8minutes (not multiblindfold but inspection before each solve) using the 2-cycle. i want to get faster that's why i started studying the 3-cycle but in the end what i really want to learn is matyas method.
again, matyas memorizes the cube in less than 15 seconds. i've read somewhere that's it's actually possible to do that just by tapping the cubies and running the numbers in your head really fast over and over again so you don't have to use any mnemonics but purely visual positions of the cube. i do that for the corner orientation and permutation but it's impossible for me to do that with the edges too without getting distracted by the set-up moves. the only thing i know is that matyas uses a story method for the memorization of 5x5, i don't know if he does that too with the 3x3.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

will matyas kuti ever publish his blindfold method? Empty Re: will matyas kuti ever publish his blindfold method?

Post by magicsquares Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:33 pm

Nabasa ko sa speedsolving forums na bawat piece meron siyang 500 images! Halimbawa white-red medical things tapos gagawa siya ng kwento na nakakatawa or nakakadiri. Tapos isang factor rin yung pagimagine mo sa storya mo.

I suggest na ang gamitin mong pang memorize ay images using letters pairs tulad ng kay Chris Hardwick. Siya yata yung pinakamalapit kay Matyas in terms of big cubes BLD.

Tapos method pwede rin siguro M2/R2 kaso ang daming imememorize na algo... Pero wala nang set-up moves. Tapos ang orientation minimal na.. Sa ending nalang yun kung may matitirang unoriented pieces.

magicsquares
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Back to top Go down

will matyas kuti ever publish his blindfold method? Empty Re: will matyas kuti ever publish his blindfold method?

Post by ares12 Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:36 pm

yay! lupet nmn nun..
ares12
ares12
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:45 pm

magicsquares wrote:
I suggest na ang gamitin mong pang memorize ay images using letters pairs tulad ng kay Chris Hardwick. Siya yata yung pinakamalapit kay Matyas in terms of big cubes BLD.

i'm using that for the edges. for my 2-cycle, i take 30 seconds to memorize the corner orientation and permutation using streak of numbers. and i take almost 2 minutes to memorize the edges (simultaneous orientation and permutation- pochmann) using the PAO system in which most of the images were taken from chris hardwick's letter pairs.

anyway, i've been watching matyas kuti's videos. until now, di ko maabsorb kung paano niya ginagawa yun. he does it with 15sec inspection and 40sec execution. then, i'm comparing it with leyan, macky, and tyson's s 40-50sec inspection and 50secs execution. sometimes napapaisip tuloy ako, is matyas looking under the blindfold? is he cheating or something, but well, i don't think so. he's got a really good memory.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by magicsquares Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:22 pm

Oo nga eh.... Tapos optimal memorization niya daw ay 3 seconds.. Paano kaya yun hahaha

magicsquares
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdsaved Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:41 pm

3 seconds para sa bld? grabe naman yun cyborg? hehe.
cmdsaved
cmdsaved
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-10-17

http://lesmallari.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Theories.

1) He has the ultimate photographic memory and processes setup moves on the fly (while he solves).

2) The Government of Hungary kept him in a secret base and experimented on his brain to create the ultimate BLD cuber.

3) He is an alien.
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowestCuber Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:11 pm

grabe nmn theories mo kuya ahhehe

SlowestCuber
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by isaganiesteron Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:41 am

thats not true, he doesnt have photographic memory.. what he does have is x-ray vision, thats why its so fast.. on a more serious not, memory for BLD is not limited to the persons memory capacity, i think and vouch that this can be trained, ive cut down my memo from 3-minutes down to 1 minute - 1 min.30, im really hoping to cut it down two sub-minute consistantly, ive only had sub-minute memo for BLD once, (but it was a DNF!) haha!
isaganiesteron
isaganiesteron
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://pinoycubed.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by van21691 Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:11 pm

he will not publish his method
he might to his children someday Smile
van21691
van21691
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2007-06-29

http://www4.pcriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hyfly Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:51 pm

yeah ur ryt...

bka dw mlaman ntin...

matalo ntin cla...

hehehe....
hyfly
hyfly
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:51 pm

cmdsaved wrote:3 seconds para sa bld? grabe naman yun cyborg? hehe.

yep. nabasa ko din yun. napatulala ako tapos bigla ako natawa. who the hell can memorize the cube in 3 seconds???!!!! panu yun? titingnan niya yung cube tapos, imememorize yung positions? whenever matyas talks about his blindfold method, he makes it really vague. he doesn't even want people to record his blindfold solves upclose so that they can't analyze how he does it.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hopelessvain Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:56 am

lasingin natin si kuti. para malaman natin ang kanyang sikreto. lolz!
hopelessvain
hopelessvain
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Nicole Uy Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Well, some people are really good in memorizing and it is in their genes and may be there is nothing we could do about it. But we can beat him if we do memory exercises.

Brian Nicole Uy
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:08 pm

benjediman wrote:Theories.

1) He has the ultimate photographic memory and processes setup moves on the fly (while he solves).

2) The Government of Hungary kept him in a secret base and experimented on his brain to create the ultimate BLD cuber.

3) He is an alien.

1 and 3 are false. 2 is partly true. he was hungary's protege from the start. since the rubik's cube started in hungary, they want hungarians to excel in this sport, then they saw matyas kuti...
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:18 pm

I'll quote the following from speedsolving.com

Quote starts:

"Matyas: For all pieces I have word groups. For example: white-red: medical things, operation, scalpel, blood, etc. In this manner I have 500(or more) words for all pieces. Not only nouns, I also have adjectives and verbs. I try to make a funny or disgusting story.
And the key is to REALLY imagine it...

Danielbeyer: For each sticker (or a wing) you have over 500 references that you can make? That is insane ...
Or is that 500 in total? Like 500 divided amongst 24 pieces, or
is it 500*24 or 500/24?

Matyas: 500*12(or 24 for 4x4)

Tim: These are a lot of words Smile. How do you memorize more than one cube? Do you use a journey/room system or something similiar? Or do you use your own revolutonary system? Smile

/*matyas stopped answering questions*/

Chris Hardwick: I would also be very interested to hear what Matyas does. I personally like the atmosphere in cubing better when everybody shares information. But Matyas I can understand how with your memory method being a huge portion of your speed that wanting to stay competitive, especially with the progress in cubing in general over the past year, means keeping that method secret. So I'm not trying to put you in a bad light, I can completely understand why you would want to keep your method secret, and I respect that entirely.

But that doesn't stop me from wondering about how you do it ;-)

From what I understand in a previous post by Matyas he uses 500 prepared words for each piece. This works out to 12,000 prepared words for the edges of a 4x4x4 and 6,000 for the edges of a 3x3x3. From what I understand most memory masters for speed cards and numbers and the like stop in the 2000-3000 image range. I also remember recent debate within the last year or so of some memory masters considering trying to develop a 10,000 image system. Since Matyas uses more than that this has already been done.

Matyas, you're already without question at the top of the cubing hall of fame, why not also do it for memory sports as well? I see no reason why you couldn't adapt your memo system for all their events and be just as world class over there as you are for cubing. This question may be silly if you've already tried it, but have you tried memorizing a deck of cards? I think you'd be absolutely phenomenal at it.

Pedro: yep, from what I understood he has 500 words in a "class", like, medical stuff, maybe water stuff, fire, dunno Very Happy

I was thinking about this like 20 min ago, getting back home...

the memory guys use a PAO method for cards (at least most of them Very Happy)
so, they have 52 persons, 52 actions and 52 objects...

when combined, those 156 "things" can form 132600 images (!)...

so, they kinda use that much images, but they don't think about it that way Smile haha

oh, and Tim, I don't remember you "hiding" your memory system from me Smile you always helped me and answered my questions

but I can't say the same about Kai...Very Happy haha...just kidding
I asked him once how me memorised and he said "access denied"
but after I decided to use images and journeys/roman rooms, he told me what he uses...I'm not sure if I can tell everybody, so...Smile

but yeah, it would be really cool to know how Matyas memorises, but as Chris already said, it's his "right" to keep it to him, if he wants that...

I once decided to analyse his 54.xx solve to try to figure out how he solves...but he asked me not to do it, explained his point and I agreed Smile"

Quote Ends.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by isaganiesteron Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:39 pm

very interesting.. thanks a lot for posting this..
isaganiesteron
isaganiesteron
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 pm

From what i understand, what matyas does is similar to PAO. However, PAO only uses 3 word per piece - person, action object. however, matyas uses 500 words per piece!!! that's insane. i'm trying to copy that method that's why i also extended my PAO to 5 words per edge color. But so far, i can only reach 5 words per edge color - place, person, animal, action, object, and that becomes PPAAO. so, all in all, i have 24X5 possible images in my head. yet, it's still very very far from matyas' method.

haha. i'm like an idiot here. i'm trying too hard to dig into matyas' technique when in the end, i know that it's impossible...
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by isaganiesteron Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:11 pm

why is it necessary to have that much combinations per piece? i use PAO also for edges but more of a PA, just person ang action..
isaganiesteron
isaganiesteron
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:34 pm

isaganiesteron wrote:why is it necessary to have that much combinations per piece? i use PAO also for edges but more of a PA, just person ang action..

here's what happened to me. i need to memorize around 12 letters for the 12 edges. before, when i was just using PA, i need to remember 6 images since it's PA PA PA PA PA PA. when i used PAO, i need to remember 4 images since it's PAO PAO PAO PAO. when i used PPAAO, i need to remember only 2 images since PPAAO PPAAO, the remaining letters (if there are any, i use PA). i needed the same effort to memorize, but less effort to recall. it improved my success rate.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by magicsquares Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:44 pm

isaganiesteron wrote:why is it necessary to have that much combinations per piece? i use PAO also for edges but more of a PA, just person ang action..

To make it easier to make a story I guess. Sometimes your persons/actions might not sound so well together.

magicsquares
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:48 pm

once i get used to my PPAAO, i'm planning to add another dimension. perhaps an adjective for the object, so that's going to be PPAAAO.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:50 pm

here's my mnemonics for the PPAO. i made sure i can remember each of them easily... i don't really use the A and the B for the 2-cycle since my AB edge is a buffer position...

PAO System for the Edges (place, person/animal, action, object)

A Attic Angel Acting Axe
B Beach Bull Boxing Bicycle
C Church Clown Crying Camera
D Dessert Dog Dancing Doll
E ER (hospital) Elephant Eating Egg
F Ferris Wheel Fireman Flying Flute
G Green house Gloria arroyo Gymnastic Gun
H Helicopter Harry potter Hopping Hoola hoop
I Ice skating rink Iceman Imprisoned Ipod
J jungle Jesus Christ Jogging Jar
K Kitchen Kangaroo Karate Knife
L Light house Lizard Laughing Lamp
M Museum Monkey Mountain climbing Medal
N North pole Nurse Napping Net
O Oval (track oval) Octopus Orgy Oven
P Park Peterpan Push/pulling Pencil
Q Quidditch stadium Queen Quivering Quicksand
R Restaurant Robocop Raining Rubik’s cube
S Ship (ferry ship) Superman Singing Sunglasses
T Toilet Tiger Tumbling Telephone
U Underwater Unicorn Urinating Umbrella
V Volcano Vampire Vomiting Violin
W Wallmart (mall) Wolverine (xmen) Walking Whip
X X-men space ship Prof X (xmen) Exercising Xylophone
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:54 pm

that is just a simplified version of the PPAAO. i combined the Person and Animal. but now, i have separated them already making 5 images for each sticker, but i haven't typed it yet...some of the words might be a bit off but its personalized so i can still remember them...
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by magicsquares Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:04 pm

How do you store images? Roman rooms or journey method?

magicsquares
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next