Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggesting a GENERAL CUBE DISCUSSION portion

5 posters

Go down

Suggesting a GENERAL CUBE DISCUSSION portion Empty Suggesting a GENERAL CUBE DISCUSSION portion

Post by xiphuscube Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:26 am

Err sana po magkaroon ng General Cube Discussion for the forums. Nagiging General Discussion area po kasi ung Noob's Corner.Diba for newbies lng dapat un para matuto sila or kung may mga questions about sa LBL etc. Tsaka suggest ko na rin na baguhin ung Noob's corner to Newbie Corner. Mejo pangit pakinggan kung Noob po eh.

e.g.

Newbie - is a slang term for a newcomer to online gaming or an Internet activity

Noob - is a player that is generally considered to be experienced, yet often makes mistakes or solecisms that would more likely be attributed to a "newb."

Yun lang po. thanks
xiphuscube
xiphuscube
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Back to top Go down

Suggesting a GENERAL CUBE DISCUSSION portion Empty Re: Suggesting a GENERAL CUBE DISCUSSION portion

Post by Jome Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:41 am

And what exactly would this General Cube Discussion area be used for? Spam? Any 'general' area, given that more than 90% of this forum is actually not really cube-related (do a cross examination of this forum against speedsolving.com), will only merit numerous spam and unwanted messages. Given also that most of our new members don't really post about the cube, more spam will also follow.

A general forum is great, but it is nowhere as good as a specific thread. The Speedcubing forum in itself has a lot of non-speedcubing related threads (questions about LBL and etc.) so anything more would be the death of this forum's bandwidth.

As for the Noob's Area, well, semantics lang naman yan pero I agree with the technicality. Sir Lester would be the one to go to for that.
Jome
Jome
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-11-25

http://scarredpetal.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Suggesting a GENERAL CUBE DISCUSSION portion Empty Re: Suggesting a GENERAL CUBE DISCUSSION portion

Post by xiphuscube Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:50 am

Hehe, I guess it's the member's responsibility to post at the appropriate threads. Thanks for the constructive criticisms sir.
xiphuscube
xiphuscube
2x2x2
2x2x2

Back to top Go down

Post by papplazy Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Aww...you joined PCA a tad after the great change occured. Well..before you joined, there was actually such a section called "Cubing Discussions". Here members discussed anything and everything about cubing. As PCA grew, the section became more cluttered and fugly. More members didn't obey the rules, unnecessary and repetitive threads were made. It was only about early Feb or late Jan (i think) when Sir Jonathan Papa Decided to do a general cleaning and voila.....I give you the current PCA forum. Although it's not that perfect yet, many still post stuff in the wrong section and sometimes it's just hard to decide where to put a new thread. Anyway..we all grow as the days pass..same goes for PCA

There...sorry sir Jonathan..I assumed that Sir Lester did it since siya yung admin. Sorry talaga.

Last edited by papplazy on Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total
papplazy
papplazy
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:31 pm

Jome wrote:(do a cross examination of this forum against speedsolving.com), will only merit numerous spam and unwanted messages. Given also that most of our new members don't really post about the cube, more spam will also follow.
Very Happy exactly what's on my mind bro!
papplazy wrote:(
It was only about early Feb or late Jan (i think) when Sir Lester Decided to do a general cleaning and voila.....I give you the current PCA forum. Although it's not that perfect yet, many still post stuff in the wrong section and sometimes it's just hard to decide where to put a new thread.
get your facts straight man! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:53 am

Going off-topic: (Forgive me, I do not want to create more threads because this issue is already existing for quite a while now)

The format of speedsolving.com is built for true cubing discussions. The fact that world renowned cubers exist in that particular cyberspace also help limit the chaos of duplicate threads, for reasons of intimidation, respect, and so on. Duplicate threads that do occur receive a tad less than the usual welcome treatment, but still are replied to and given an appropriate amount of replies to satisfy the need of the people who created such thread (if needed be).

Also, member introductions and info are confined into one thread, with little, few side comments.

I suggest combining the video and photo section.

With all due respect to kuya Lester, I find the Announcement category unnecessary, with its current contents. The threads inside can easily be either deleted or assimilated into the other categories. I find threads like "xxxx cubes now available", unimportant as an announcement from admin.

Also, I would want to express my concern over composition. I would want to encourage everyone, beginners or seasoned cubers, to formalize as much as possible their compositions. I die every time I see "hehehe" or "hahaha" expressions every after 3 or 5 words, while I see nothing funny or humorous. I believe good spirited posts, replies and alike can still be maintained without those.

I believe I mentioned this earlier: Minimum characters per text.

I agree with the "Noob" comment. First time I've read the new topic categories, I was a bit stunned by the first one. A bit derogatory, I think.

Also: signatures. I actually do not like signatures that occupies more than a thirst of my screen.

And lastly and most importantly: intelligent replies. Sometimes (nay, more than the usual) I find posts totally useless, unless you consider probably its value in humor (if there is) or its sentimental consolation to the thread starter. What good will it do if you only say "Ako rin, ganyan din ako sub-xx pa lang, pls help!", or "hehe ganyan rin nangyari sa akin". Worst cases -> "haha oonga noh", "gusto ko nyan!! pero wala akong pera", "I agree".

But hey, If this forum is not so objective, and rather is more lax in nature, never mind my rantings.
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by xiphuscube Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:53 am

Ang problem po kasi pag walang general cube discussion thread ay nalilito ung mga ibang members kung saan nila ilalagay ung gusto nilang ipost na topic. Let's say may mga topic na hindi naman dapat sa thread na iyon, saan ba dapat ilagay talaga iyon? Sa Newbie Area ba? Yun lng po ung nakikita kong problema, nagiging "general cube discussions" ung newbie area.

IMO, kahit hindi general cube discussions, as long as may appropriate thread kung saan pwede ilagay ang mga irrelevant topics na nakalagay sa mga specific threads. Kung spam naman ung problem, I think it should be the member's responsibilty na din.
xiphuscube
xiphuscube
2x2x2
2x2x2

Back to top Go down

Post by i.luv.cube Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:43 pm

I have to ask something very important, does spelling really matter? Also, is it an offense kapag ung post ko, for example, is somewhat same as the recent post? As in same, like reminding me to read the rules and regulations. Yung dating kasi sakin pinagtutulungan ako, ganun, pero really it's ok. I don't have the right to stop them reminding me kasi it's personal na pag piniglan ko pa sila. Medyo nagfi-feeling din yung tingin ko sa kanila, kasi ni-remind na nga ko nung isa, remind pa ulit nung isa, tapus is nanaman, para pang galit, hindi naman mod or admin.
i.luv.cube
i.luv.cube
4x4x4
4x4x4

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down