Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A DIFFICULT DECISION

+28
Lloyd
venom
andre_j
popoy
3stan08
whitecube
makoy_071394
cupid
raffy
vans766253
dinki1968
kroz
pajodaep
emaypunk
raprap7
pangungusap
bakeru08
jolo_mat2008
Re1Mu2R3
pepesmith
marc_rendl
pmarcelino5
bnonymous
paololzki
gilbert
Erika Gomez
bonoan1027
immiscible
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A DIFFICULT DECISION - Page 3 Empty Re: A DIFFICULT DECISION

Post by jolo_mat2008 Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:27 pm

marc_rendl wrote:
yeah! yeah! tama ka! though im not sure kung tutuloy siya... haha

cno kaya to..im intrigued..haha..Razz
jolo_mat2008
jolo_mat2008
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by popoy Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:34 pm

jolo_mat2008 wrote:
marc_rendl wrote:
yeah! yeah! tama ka! though im not sure kung tutuloy siya... haha

cno kaya to..im intrigued..haha..Razz

ahihihi secret malalaman na lang natin sa saturday

@marc

hahaha sayang ung record nia... mabebreak ng hindi xa nakakalaban ^^ pero sana makapunta xa... pati sa ibang division kakainin na din nia ^^ hahaha

naalala ko tuloy naglaro kami sa gateway una nanalo ako tapos sumunod ang lau na ng difference namin... hahaha halos PB ko na ung oras nia... so hindi na ako tumuloy... sabi ko nasira ung akin Laughing
popoy
popoy
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:37 pm

being a parent, i would definitely require my child to prioritise his/her studies. BUT if i think meron chance or talent talaga yung anak ko, i would support whatever hobby/sport he/she would want. what i meant by 'meron chance' is, kung sa tingin ko meron future yung anal ko sa gusto nya hobby/sport. pwede ko syang i-encourage gawin yun. Very Happy for example, if i think my son would be the next rubiks world champion, why not? or maybe the next philippine boxing champion. Very Happy kasi if you're going to earn millions out of it, i think (sa akin lang naman), your studies can wait. minsan lang kasi dumadating yung ganung pagkakataon. Very Happy

so sa tingin ko immiscible, i-weigh mo kung sa tingin mo you have what it takes to be the new rcpo champion, go for it. pero if you want to join just for fun, tapos at the expense of your studies, nope. it's not worth it! Very Happy

ps:
i would also advise you to talk to your parents about it para mas madali ka makapag-decide.

regards,
venom
venom
venom
3x3x3
3x3x3

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2007-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:51 pm

nasa u pa rin ang decision mahirap yan ahahah
Lloyd
Lloyd
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by a5thjojo Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:58 pm

review n tol! 1 shot lng tong UPCAT nten. isipin mo nlng my nxt yr pa n rcpo. bsta aq nung bakasyon p aq ngreview:D

a5thjojo
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by benjediman Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:13 pm

I attended private school and we were required to take entrance reviews provided by the school during saturdays of the first quarter of our 4th year. The schedule conflicted with much of my activities and I did not attend much. In fact, that was one stupid review, or at least, that organization that provided for the review was one of the worst, and knowing that this review's expenses were hidden in our tuition that time, I just know it's a waste of precious money.

Is the UPCAT Review you're taking very prestigious with numerous success stories to back it up? If yes, go for it. If not, then do not waste your money on such crap and review on your own.

Somehow I do not believe in reviews, because of the fact that they cram so much information into your head in so little time, not to mention it's school season.

Some pointers of review for UPCAT or any other entrance tests for that matter:

1) English grammar. When to use "who" or "that", etc.
2) Vocabulary.
3) Basics of science. Biology, just a tad of chem if I remember right... not so much physics since you're supposed to take it in the 4th year but try to review as far as projectiles just in case.
4) Math - more on 2nd year algebra and trigonometry. 1st year algebra you must've internalized already or else you will have a hard time to catch up.
5) Especially for UPCAT: the Filipino versions of 1. and 2.
6) Logic (?) There is no way you can review logic. It is in you.
7) Essays - Since you are time limited, KEEP IT STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. No need for fancy words, if you can deliver a rich essay in the simplest way, better. (But hey, throw in your fancy words in the ACET.)

Tips for the actual exam:
1) Be prepared the previous day. Make sure you have all materials needed for the exam (permit, pencils, food - yes, you can bring food in some exams - tables for trigo or what have you)
2) Come early. If you have friends and classmates to meet up with, better. You should probably set to arrive one hour early at least to find the exam place, inquire to officials what are the must and must nots, talk to people, meet new friends, cube to calm your nerves, review, etc.
3) During the exam, always read the instructions carefully. If you fail to do this, your whole paper might be voided.
4) Always double-check which number you are in. It's a serious waste of time and effort if you find out you skipped a question and filled in the wrong item.
5) If you feel you will take a long time for a question or that you cannot answer it, immediately skip it and go to the next easier question, rather than waste your time figuring out the answer and ignoring the rest of the test. Come back for it later on.
6) When nearing the time limit for a particular test, and you have not answered some questions: 1) leave blank if the exam is right minus wrong, 2) best guess if they give equal deductions in wrong or no answers.

I suggest little or no review the previous day to relax your mind, sleep early and eat a heavy breakfast in the morning.

P.S. The worst experience I got in taking the UPCAT: the proctor was wearing an exposed high heels, and I believe she had sweaty feet. 5-meter radius and I can tell.

Last edited by benjediman on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
benjediman
benjediman
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberryshake Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:18 pm

nasa sau nmn an eh..
kung anu mai importante sau..
edi un ung puntahan mo...
...♥
strawberryshake
strawberryshake
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2007-10-04

https://www.facebook.com/candyislove

Back to top Go down

Post by jolo_mat2008 Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:07 pm

BTW another upcat tip : kapag mahilig ka magbasa..reading comprehension will be a breeze...Smile actually nd pala tip eto..haha..info lang..Razz
jolo_mat2008
jolo_mat2008
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post by xyborgcubinots Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:03 am

kua UPCAT taker rin me...hmh...time management kalangan...wag masyadong pakabihasa...lagay lang sa lugar...gusto mo tapus ng RCPO....2loy2loy na review>>> Very Happy
xyborgcubinots
xyborgcubinots
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by immiscible Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 pm

thanks for the info benjediman .. talagang nakatulong sakin.. thanks ha
immiscible