Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocker from speedsolving.com: Matyas Kuti is a cheater??!!

+19
sub1day
TheJoker
isaganiesteron
marc_rendl
Zeinest815
cmdsaved
SlowestCuber
openbox
Mateus
eaU^
jincronics_07
greatauror28
joseph24
van21691
benjediman
Jricle
jbcaƱares
nyin
pajodaep
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shocker from speedsolving.com: Matyas Kuti is a cheater??!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Shocker from speedsolving.com: Matyas Kuti is a cheater??!!

Post by nyin Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:33 am

mahirap din kasi doing a succesful solve wont confirm that he never cheated. tpos anong time ang kelangan nyang makuha for people to believe that he isnt a cheater? pag more than 1 min 30 secs ba? ano ibig sabihin? na mahirap lang yung scramble or sinisilip nya na lang tlga yung last parts before?

pano kung he never cheated pero he would perform badly because of all the pressure this has given him?

i think kaya hindi nlang siya pinasali kasi it will give the wca more time to investigate the case.
kasi him being there will neither confirm the suspicion or negate it.

thats what i think.

oh and you can read matyas kutis official statement about the matter here:

http://speedsolving.com/showthread.php?t=2842&page=29
nyin
nyin
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-06-24

http://www.nyin.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Shocker from speedsolving.com: Matyas Kuti is a cheater??!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Shocker from speedsolving.com: Matyas Kuti is a cheater??!!

Post by pajodaep Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:10 am

it seemed like matyas prepared long enough before he released that official statement. i thought he was going to stay quite the whole time. but it was well said. anyway, the videos and testimonials can NEVER prove that he cheated (at least not in the legal system because far more reliable evidences and scrutiny will be needed). however, these videos actually make sense (i, for one, now suspect that he cheated).
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:20 am

hmmm... subukan ko kayang gawin yung ginagawa ni matyas (if he ever cheated) sa BLD sa cebu open. tapos, tingnan nyo kung kaya nyo ako mahuli. haha. joke lang po. i was practicing it at home kasi, tapos, i took a video of myself cheating, and i solved the cube in sub-3min. hindi mo talaga mahahalata that i was cheating there all along (i was planning to upload it in youtube titled 'BLD cheating is possible' plus some explanations on how to do it, but i decided not to coz it might rouse an intrigue) i'm telling you, it's really possible! i almost did not memorize anything at all, i just constantly looked at the Front Down cubies lang.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdsaved Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:02 am

uu nga iniisip ko nga din kung ano ba talaga ang criteria na kelangan nyang ma meet para sabihin ng tao na hindi siya nandadaya. kaso kasi if he skips this coming open and then join the next sa tingin ko may pressure pa din hehe parang mejo pinatagal niya lang. pero siguro nga isa sa mga dahilan is for wca to have more time on the investigation process.

EDIT:
ok i have read matyas' statement thanks ate nyin! hehe. sa tingin ko din it was very well said gaya ng sabi ni kuya pajo. bigatin din pala ang nag advise sa kanya si ron hehe. well gaya nga ng sabi sa napanuod ko sa t.v. that's the price of fame. i'll just eagerly wait for things to come.
cmdsaved
cmdsaved
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male
Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-10-17

http://lesmallari.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeinest815 Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:26 pm

very well said ang statement ni matyas. uhmm. sana ayusin na lang ng wca ung implementation nila. change blindfolds!!! hahaha
Zeinest815
Zeinest815
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:45 pm

according to the arnaud van galen, if no one interferes or if the judges do not interfere before the end of the competition, the attempt is valid. so, matyas' records cannot be revoked. milan should have complained during the competition if he thinks matyas is cheating. so, no matter what happens, i think matyas' records will be retained based from the rules.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateus Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Ok, I read Matyas' reply to Milan's accusation. It is well said, but I'm still very suspicious. I'm just trying to put myself in his place to see what I would do if I was accused of cheating. If I was innocent, then I would be totally outraged at the accusation. But his statements seem to be on the defensive and they seem to be too polished as well.
First of all, I really doubt he wrote that himself. He most likely got some, if not all, of it written and edited for him. This leads me to believe that he is trying his best to convince everyone that he is innocent.
Just think about it this way: If you murdered someone and were accused of it, wouldn't you put your most harmless and innocent face forward. If you were innocent, you would feel much angrier and you would be eager to prove your innocence.
I have also heard that Matyas is an a**hole to many cubers(this may be totally false). If he is indeed that way, then I can't imagine writing such an elegant statement.

This video really leads me to believe that he cheated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sSqbdCYUXw

At 16-17sec, He puts his blindfold on, Then pushes it back up a little. This may not mean anything but you can clearly see a small gap between his nose and the blindfold. Put on a blindfold yourself and see how easy it is to see the cube. Stand just like Matyas is and if you wanted to cheat you totally could.

At 1:09-1:10 the judge puts his hand over the cube and Matyas immediately stops. Through out the entire solve he hardly pauses and right when the hand goes over he stops. Then you can see the double turns and fake moves. I have never seen anyone perform moves like this during BLD unless they really were trying to hide their cheating. I keep asking myself why he would even move the cube if he forgot his memo because this would further disorient me. If anything, I wouldn't move the cube at all until I felt confident that I recalled the memo.

At 1:42 the judge removes his hand and then Matyas does a gesture with his left hand that looks to me like a gesture of frustration. Now I think that he was peaking through the blindfold and as soon as he saw the hand withdraw and he could see the cube, he was relieved and reacted without thinking. Note that this dramatic gesture and the judge's hand withdrawing happen at nearly the same time. The long pause after that is just an acting job. It seems too predictable and emphatic to be legitimate.

I'm sorry if i keep trying to prove my beliefs. I just am very confident that he cheated. This is the first case where a cuber is accused of cheating so it can be hard to accept but the absolute truth is that it is so easy to cheat if you really wanted to. It's not something where you need textured stickers or a special blindfold. You just need to peak through the bottom and you can see the cube. The angles may lead you to think that peaking is impossible but you can try them yourselves. You would be surprised how believable your solve would be while you were actually cheating.

I firmly believe that Matyas has cheated and even though justice may never be implied, people should look at the more logical explanations instead of blindly following their hero whom they think is incapable of this sort of thing.

Mateus
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Mateus wrote:I firmly believe that Matyas has cheated and even though justice may never be implied, people should look at the more logical explanations instead of blindly following their hero whom they think is incapable of this sort of thing.

yeah, but it will really be painful to matyas' fans (including myself). i was really devastated when i heard this news and i kept looking for reasonable explanations on what could have happened. Was there a plot to slander him or something? i was furious at first, and never believed. did they find a perfect timing to put a paper over his cube during his bad cubing day? but at the end of the day, i realized that matyas could REALLY be cheating all along. It's painful, but it seems true.
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by van21691 Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:23 am

Mateus wrote:
At 1:42 the judge removes his hand and then Matyas does a gesture with his left hand that looks to me like a gesture of frustration. Now I think that he was peaking through the blindfold and as soon as he saw the hand withdraw and he could see the cube, he was relieved and reacted without thinking. Note that this dramatic gesture and the judge's hand withdrawing happen at nearly the same time. The long pause after that is just an acting job. It seems too predictable and emphatic to be legitimate.

He is just acting, to say that he "forget" his algo
van21691
van21691
4x4x4
4x4x4

Male
Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2007-06-29

http://www4.pcriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_rendl Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 am

well.. .yeah.. maybe he cheated at that time... but still if i was part of the WCA.. it would probably be resolved by saying this Matyas Cheated ONLY on this solve, NOT all his WR's (coz still it wasnt proven that he cheats ALL THE TIME)... all his other BLD's records can't be condemned just because of one instance of cheating... he can be reprimanded in another way...

although if proven guilty, many will be dismayed... and one of them is me..
marc_rendl
marc_rendl
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by isaganiesteron Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 am

the moment i heard he cheated i was like "no friggin wonder!" although its not hard to beleive time like those are achievable.. its rowe hessler, kai jiptner and sinpei araki's time to shine..

Last edited by isaganiesteron on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
isaganiesteron
isaganiesteron
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 335

http://pinoycubed.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jricle Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:17 pm

he's cheating, it's proven in last competition he joined...
Jricle
Jricle
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2007-12-11

http://www.friendster.com/jricle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJoker Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:52 pm

yun kasi mali nya... someone is already suspecting... di pa rin nya binago taktik nya... so nahahalata na sya masyado kaya napansin...

old news na ang BLD cheating pero hindi sa mga bigatin tulad ni matyas... proven kasi talaga na kaya nya magsolve BLD... so no question about it... isa sya sa mababangis pagdating sa BLD...

ngayon ng mapansin nila na medyo may anomalya sa BLD ni matyas... wala maglakas loob magsabi kasi it was easily for matyas to prove them wrong... kaya no way to prove him...

here is the story...
kasi dun sa 10 multi-BLD... he was on the verge to finish the last cube... talagang dirediretso na... wala ng makakapigil na mabubuo na nya... pinanood nga siya at tuwang tuwang ang mga tao sa paligid kasi another successfull na naman ni MATYAS...

but when someone put a paper up front... after one ALGO... he suddenly stop... pero kanina mabubuo na nya eh... ilang algo na lang buo na... tapos ngayon sabay hinto at DNS/DNF sya sa last cube... dun nagsimula ang suspisyon sa kanya... that matyas cheat on this event...

so medyo binantayan na sya ng mga kapwa nya cubers... specially sa BLD cateogry...

pero sige pa rin sya... no prove lang makuha... as in a concrete evidence that he's doing it... pero nahahalata na sya... may doubt na mga tao sa paligid nya...

pero sa 2008 competition... dun ang malaki nyang pagkakamali... sana nagmemories sya... tutal one cube lang naman eh... pero he want to break the records... kaya nga may gestures sya na NATATAWA SYA... as in madali lang sa kanya yung cube... so no worry ika nga... walk in the cake... SISIW... PANIS... ika nga...

maski kayo makikita nyo eh... ako sinisilip ko ang BLD... the FIRST 3 ALGO na gagawin mo eh kaya mo since alam mo na eh... nainspeksyon mo na yung cube... parang CROSS sa 3x3x3 F2L... pag nasilip mo... di mo na mapipigil sarili mo na buuin yung CROSS...

parang ganun sa video nya sa BLD... tuwa pa nga sya eh... parang sinasabi nya na madali at kayang kaya nya ang pagkaka-scramble ng cube nya... so sisiw na sa kanya... 17sec lang kailangan nya para simulan nya ang BLD...

pero pagkababa na pagkababa ng BLIND MASK nya at sabay angat ng kamay yung judge... nalimutan na nya yung move nya... as in nawala na sya in the start... GANUN ba yun... maaari pa siguro in the middle na malimutan mo... pero sa UMPISA pa lang... di mo na alam gagawin mo... eh nasilip mo nga yung cube...

eh maski kayo na nagaaral ng BLD... at mga gumagawa... after na ibaba nyo BLIND MASK... eh kikilos agad mga daliri nyo... mga ilang algo pa muna bago kayo hihinto para sa MEMO nyo...

pero sya... sa start pa lang huminto na sya... at ang ginagawa nya eh simple move... like RUR'U'... at sa pangalawang angat ng kamay ng judge... puro walang kakuwenta kuwentang moves ang ginagawa nya...

eh dun pa lang obvious na eh...

eh ako nga sinubukan ko... BLD... pero FRIDRICH CFOP method... aba 52seconds... hirap lang ikutin masyado yung cube para kunwari kabisado mo yung position ng cube... kasi pag inikot ikot ko masyado mahahalata na hinahanap ko yung CORNER+EDGE pair... hehehehehehehhe... LOL...

uulitin ko nga yun video eh... aayusin ko maigi na di halata... tapos FRIDRICH CFOP method... heheheheheh... LOL...

Last edited by TheJoker on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheJoker
TheJoker
3x3x3
3x3x3

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm

isaganiesteron wrote:the moment i heard he cheated i was like "no friggin wonder!" although its not hard to beleive time like those are achievable.. its rowe hessler, kai jiptner and sinpei araki's time to shine..

we focused too much on matyas. but who knows? those guys you mentioned above might be cheating as well (sori, knock on wood). i think there is an urgent need to review the BLD rules and procedure. among the really really fast (sub-1:40) cubers, to mention some guys whom i am confident that they are not cheating, there are tyson mao, macky, and leyan lo. if you watch their videos, there's no hint of cheating at all. as with rowe hessler, i dunno. his 37.54secs unofficial WR solve seems fishy... more still, he even vouched that matyas' 15 cubes multi-BLD during the world championships were genuine. if matyas did cheat, maybe rowe hessler is also protecting himself. even chris krueger's former world record (1:15.xx), he solved the cube so close to his body... (again, knock on wood, i might be totally wrong of course)

Last edited by pajodaep on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sub1day Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:08 pm

isaganiesteron wrote:the moment i heard he cheated i was like "no friggin wonder!" although its not hard to beleive time like those are achievable.. its rowe hessler, kai jiptner and sinpei araki's time to shine..

I got my money on Rowe.. Very Happy

sub1day
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by stralbem Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Guys I maybe new here in pinoyspeedcubers but I prove to myself na affected si Matyas sa mga nangyayari at mga tsismis sa kanya kaya, hindi siya nakaattend sa Benelux open. Kawawa nga siya kasi pinagkakaisahan siya ng mga speedcubers. Look he's only 15 and a prodigy. He's a really good guy because when I had the chance to communicate with him he's a mysterious but kind and a very good person and a gentle young guy kaya my opinion is that he's not a cheater. But don't worry guys, kung gusto ninyo pang malaman kung ano na ang nangyayari kay Matyas ay ipapaalam ko sa inyo. Updated ako sa events because of some rubik's cubers help.

stralbem
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by cubecubecube Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 pm

hindi nandadaya si matyas kuti! pag napatunayan niya yun sa next competition niya pahiya lahat ng nagakusa sa kanya!

cubecubecube
2x2x2
2x2x2

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJoker Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:18 pm

@pajodaep... yun na nga eh... umusok na ang dayaan sa BLD... kumbaga nangamoy na...

pero sino pagbibintangan mong gumagawa nun... eh mababangis ang mga yun...

there 4 videos na kumalat about matyas cheating... pero suspicion lang... especially dun sa 15 BLD... tapos dun pa sa 10 BLD... nagreklamo na ang iba sa governing bodies ng WCA... they are aware of it but no proof kasi proven naman kasi na panis kay MATYAS ang BLD...

no question na kaya nya... multiple BLD sisiw... pero yun nga... dun sa last particular or recent video sa 2008 championship... dun sya nagkamali...

ONE cube to solve... and according to his gestures... it was an easy scramble... but he stumbled... especially at the start... lahat ng makakapanood ng VIDEO... lalo na mga gumagawa ng BLD... kitang kita na di nya alam ang ginagawa nya... from the moment he put on the mask and the judge hands on his face...

ginulo pa nga nya lalo ang cube... actually reversible... nonsence move RUR'U' on a BLD...??? saan nyo makikita yun...

yun nga ang masakit... if he caught cheating in this event... everyone will getting a doubt on his previous achievement... baka may cheating na involves... especially sa mga MULTIPLE BLD nya...

panoorin nyo lang yung video guys... i'm not trying to convince you...

kasi maski ako nagulat... MATYAS a cheater...??? no way... innocent until proven... but the latest video is a very concrete evidence... medyo mahihirapan syang labasan yun...

tama advise sa kanya... lay low muna...

thanks a lot... heheheheheh... LOL...
TheJoker
TheJoker
3x3x3
3x3x3

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:44 pm

to the admin, can we just close this forum na din? the forum in speedsolving.com was already closed coz its starting to cause tension, and it's not good in the cubing community. i think it's time makisama tayo and at least for a while, while WCA is 'dealing' with this problem at this point in time, let's not talk about cheating...
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stralbem Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Hey wait before you close this thread. I have learned from one of the judges na noong ma DNF siya, humingi siya ng papel at pen. Then, without minute to loose, sinulat niya ang buong o shall I say lahat or the whole memo of his solve and he's trying to find what was the problem that's why there is another proof that he is not guilty.

stralbem
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by nyin Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:24 pm

and with that last note, we shall all ponder on whether or not the accusations are indeed true Razz

we all have our individual stand on this thing.
pero for now, lets let the wca decide Smile

carrot Razz
nyin
nyin
2x2x2
2x2x2

Female
Number of posts : 412

http://www.nyin.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lestersantos Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:16 am

as far as i know... matyas kuti has a photographic memory!
lestersantos
lestersantos
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2007-06-23

http://www.pinoyspeedcubers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJoker Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:52 am

sir lester ganun din po me... sya lang kasi nakita ko na can memorize a cube for BLD in under 20 seconds... meron ako nakita 12 seconds lang kailangan nya to solve it BLD...

what a photographic memory... tapos ayaw nya pa sabihin method na gamit nya...

kaso eto po ang FACTS with MATYAS KUTI... all his recent DNF is with a PAPER or HANDS on his face... and take note... not even close to a finish yung cube... it still look scramble...

BUT without a paper or hands on his face... he looks magnificent... as if some god from heaven doing a BLD... lalo na yung mga finger tricks nya... grabe sa smooth... don me bilib kay MATYAS KUTI...

kaya up until now... i still want to believe na he's not a cheater... kaso all evidence surfacing is contrary to what i believe...

haayaaay... the best talaga is EVERY BLD category there will be a paper or hands on their face... yun na lang gawin nila... then pasalihin pa rin nila si MATYAS KUTI... okay...
TheJoker
TheJoker
3x3x3
3x3x3

Back to top Go down

Post by pajodaep Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:23 pm

ngek. nabuksan ulet tong thread na toh. napansin ko din, binuksan na nga pala ulet yung thread sa speedsolving.com, tapos nag-aaway-away na ang mga cubers. either kampi kay matyas or kampi kay milan. sana if this thread will continue, di tayo mag-away-away. peace tayo lahat...
pajodaep
pajodaep
3x3x3
3x3x3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by iruel117 Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Oonga kuya pajo i red their post scinece this morning cause we don't have classes because of something but their figthing already and their saying bad woeds already going personal.
iruel117
iruel117
2x2x2
2x2x2

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-12-10

http://profiles.friendster.com/iruel117

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next